Tennis Forum banner

What have the williams' done>

757 views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  bandabou 
#1 ·
to davenport and hingis? When people say that they were the reason hingis retired and that davy stopped winning the slams, i didn't think much of it. But I was thinking last night, I was going through all the slams in my head since 1999, and I realized...if richard and oracine has waited another 4-5 years to have Venus + Serena, Lindsay COULD have won ten slams! I know this is a stupid thought, and that it is wishful thinking, but here's the seven slams she probly would have won if V+S were a few years younger and still young players about to dominate :

USO 1999 - Lindsay was on a winning streak and looked HOT! NO1 exept serena could have stopped her then.

AO 2000 - Won

FO - Clay (not a chance)

Wimby 2000 - Beaten in Final, Serena was out and no1 else could have beaten Davey on grass then.

USO 2000 - Beaten in final by Venus AGAIN! Thats 3 already.

AO 2001 - Don't know what happend there, but cappy might of had her.

FO - -

Wimby - Beaten semi-finalist by Venus AGAIN, serena was already out. So she probly would of beat Henin in final on grass.

USO 2001 - Played out of her skin, but a HOT serena took her out again. This showed that she could live with the best player in the world at her BEST, but could hardly move. This tells me that Davey has the best game in the world (exept one of the mosst important things - movement)

AO 2002 - DNP

FO 2002 - DNP

USO 2002 - Serena again in semi's, she would have met MOMO in final, and probly would have beaten her.

AO 2003 - Henin

FO 2003 - injured

Wimby 2003 - Lost in quarters to Venus with a point to prove, I must say she probably would have lost to one if the belgans, so I wont count this one.

USO 2003 - Possably no WS, can she do it, can she find the form at the end of 2001? If she could, could she beat Kim?

So, that is:
USO 1999
Wimby 2000
USO 2000
Wimby 2001
USO 2001
USO 2002
Wimby 2003

Thats 7!!!!!!!

I know this thread is rediculous, but it shows how great the WS are, and how much they have effected 2 of the greatest women tennis players ever.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.