Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She is far too good a player to be playing so......limply.....and for such a long time.

Does she need a new coach? Does she need therapy? Is she injured?

She really does have the talent and ability to be top five and a consistent contender. She could beat anyone on the tour. It seems to me that she really hasn't been the same since losing the Zurich (or was it Linz) final to Henin at the end of 2007....

Yeah, she made the Wimbledon quarters, but she lost there to Zheng, and I can't help but feel that she got there despite dodgy form, not because she was picking up her game.

What's gonna happen? I seriously thought she had Grand Slam potential.....

·
Registered
17,762 Posts
:sobbing:

I am so over blaming Radek for this catastrophe.

·
Premium Member
73,311 Posts
omg why ppl think she will be back playing her best tennis in one tournament? give her a break at least until RG or Wimby or even more, she's too inconsistent, her game is still here, she worked a lot on her physical condition, seems to be quicker, still her 2006 and mainly 2007 movement and footwork are almost nowhere, she's making too many ues but I'm sure she will be back asap if she keeps working hard and keeps listening to her stepdad :)

just wait..

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
I never saw top 5 in the kid. Just a mindless ball basher. Sorry, i think she'll get back into the top 15 sometime in 2010.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I expected a lot from her when she burst into the scene but somehow she just cant pull it together. Too inconsistent and lacking in mental toughness.

·
Registered
11,190 Posts
To be honest she never striked me as a huge talent. Her game is so limited (she was good at it though!)
She was lucky to get to 2 grand Slam SF which inflated her ranking

Remember the girl never reached a tier 2 or above final!!!!

Of course she's probably better than her 70 or something ranking

·
V-I-K-A
11,074 Posts
To be honest she never striked me as a huge talent. Her game is so limited (she was good at it though!)
She was lucky to get to 2 grand Slam SF which inflated her ranking

Remember the girl never reached a tier 2 or above final!!!!

Of course she's probably better than her 70 or something ranking
Remember..
Grand-slam semi-final >>>>>Tier 2 Final.

She still hasn't been able to put all of her talents and weapons together consistently enough to get to the top; but there is still hope.
:secret: She is only 19.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow is she still only 19? Thats amazing.....I guess she still can get her game together.....

And if she manages that, I do believe she could do great things. Here's hoping - we need more contenders!

·
Banned
4 Posts
I never thought Vaidisova was the hardened winner she was made out to be. I based my calculations on the following:

It is already a Yonex.

The better Vaidisova I saw was aggressive but had far too much going on to be able to sustain game, from my perspective. The lesser Vaidisova was out to lunch. The methods of Western Florida did not take in her. Mentally she is too there. Her game is too erratic to be so simple. She sits high and heavy. I don't think she'd ever move fast enough.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
:lol: Love the people who said Nikki has no talent and just a ball basher. Of course she's a ball basher so is 99% of the tour esp the girls at the top. Must be all the S&V/All court players in the top 10 that's clouding their judgement. Since Nik is back with her step dad I feel she'll get back to her old form soon enough.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Nicole was infected with the worm

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
I've said it before. Until she shortens up the backswing of her FH, she will always be inconsistent. She has a really nice game, capable of some killer feel and touch, but her technique on her FH and to a lesser extent her BH will always be a problem.

Finally, for goodness sakes, choose a service motion. Abbreviated or full, stop switching Nicole.

·
Premium Member
73,311 Posts
I've said it before. Until she shortens up the backswing of her FH, she will always be inconsistent. She has a really nice game, capable of some killer feel and touch, but her technique on her FH and to a lesser extent her BH will always be a problem.

Finally, for goodness sakes, choose a service motion. Abbreviated or full, stop switching Nicole.
I don't think her backswings are such a big problem, she played some amazing matches against top players and her FH and Ivanovic's and Kuznetsova's are well-known as the best on tour so I don't think so her backswing are the biggest problem, especially on clay..

from what I saw in Marbella, Nicole still needs confidence and learn how to construct points and some tactic before she goes on the court and I believe she will get back everything if she works hard and listens to her stepdad, Kodat is a very smart coach who knows what he's doing, just have a patience, it depends on Nicole though, her movement is 10000000000000000000000000x times better than in Paris if you saw the match :eek: her confidence is much bigger, she goes for her shots, better footwork, she cares in the match, don't know what happened against Vinci, probably a really off day because Nicole looked she can't hit the court but still cares, she slammed her racquet five times I believe.. she has nothing to defend until Birmingham (QF) and Wimbledon (QF) so I believe she will gain some pts and confidence and will shine at the French Open or earlier.. just have a patience.. Kodat said three months and he said that at the beginning of March, so still two months left..

·
Premium Member
73,311 Posts
still Nicole had some great winners against Vinci, it was not that horrible when you count out double faults but it was painful to watch that all second serves were dfs in the second set :awww:

also Nicole needs to work on her serve, it's definitely better than with Felgate, still her 2006/2007/start of 2008 serve is not there yet but it needs some time.. also timing is not the best, she is missing one or more steps on her shots, especially BH then it ends in the bottom half of the net, I believe with practice matches and hard work she will be back asap..

·
Registered
6,306 Posts

Her strokes are just fine. They worked well before and are NOT the cause of her current slump. Nikki has gone through a lot in her personal life which has spilled over to her tennis. Once she gets things worked out she'll be back in top form even with her long backswings.

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Her strokes are just fine. They worked well before and are NOT the cause of her current slump. Nikki has gone through a lot in her personal life which has spilled over to her tennis. Once she gets things worked out she'll be back in top form even with her long backswings.
I'm not saying they're the main problem. But they have been troublesome, even in her prime. Obviously, with confidence, the huge swings aren't a big issue, cuz Nicole knows she can hit the court with aplomb. The big swings simply give her too little margin for error and even though her shots are all loopy, they are mostly flat with a tad of topspin.

Overall, Nicole, like Sexysova said, needs to learn how to construct points. At this point, she's still trying to blow her opponents off the court. Without confidence, this tactic will fail.

·
Registered
6,306 Posts
I'm not saying they're the main problem. But they have been troublesome, even in her prime. Obviously, with confidence, the huge swings aren't a big issue, cuz Nicole knows she can hit the court with aplomb. The big swings simply give her too little margin for error and even though her shots are all loopy, they are mostly flat with a tad of topspin.

Overall, Nicole, like Sexysova said, needs to learn how to construct points. At this point, she's still trying to blow her opponents off the court. Without confidence, this tactic will fail.
I do agree that point construction is needed in her game and it all comes down to confidence. It'll all come back once she believe's in herself again.

·
Registered
450 Posts
i watched the in stuttgart 2008 against na li where she lost 1:6, 2:6. she moved badly!!!! when she runs she cannot hit dangerous shots...!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts