Tennis Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aniko, from Hungary was showing lots of promise last year around this time. She won that Clearwater challenger did really well at Oklahoma losing to Hanutchova in the quarters and she had some nice semifinal results on clay but now it appears that she's not really showing on the map.

I guess she's still struggling with the transition, its been awhile since she was the US Open Girl's Singles Champ! :(

Hoping Aniko makes a compe back! :D

·
Premium Member
181,845 Posts
Aniko needs to take care of herself then we'll see the real Aniko.

BTW Anikohas never been in a US Girls final never mind being champ

she was AUS CHAMP though in 2000

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,467 Posts
Aniko's still young, and I think give her 1 or 2 more years to develop more and we'll start seeing some stronger results from her. She had an unfortunate draw to face Schaivone in Melbourne early (who was in good form), but she still gave her a tough matchup and I think that's a good sign. Hopefully she will pick up some good results soon to avoid seeing her ranking tumble down.

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
she seemed fat from what i saw at Aus Open(for a tennis player).....but she has a solid game...if she were to slim down a fair bit i think she could maybe break the top 30!

goo aniko :)

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
Not only is Aniko a very good and promising player, she is also a very nice person! I met her at Oklahoma City 2001 and she was very outgoing and friendly. Now that she is able to play a full schedule, I hope she will train harder and reach her full potential that she has. She gave Schiavone a very tough match at the AO (8-6 in the third) and she's only 18 so I think we will be seeing more from her, I wouldn't count her out yet! :D

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
i saw bits of that match vanity..it was a scrappy match , she didnt play exceptionally well!

·
Registered
5,805 Posts
Aniko Kapros, or Aniko Krapos as SM called her is overweight!

She must have got a job as a cream bun tester in a factory with Rita Kuti Kis over the Christmas Break.

Both girls need to shed at least 10 kilos/20 pounds before they are going to do anything spectacular this year.

Maybe they should speak to Emilie Loit who has lost a lot of weight and was looking terrific.

Randy for your info Schiavone was playing terribly and Kapros was too, it was a very scrappy, low standard match, neither player seemed like they wanted to win as both players made a ton of unforced errors and neither player was attacking either!

Kapros has a long way to go yet if she is gonna even crack the top 50!

·
Moderator - Juniors
13,467 Posts
I don't recall stating that the match was of high standard.

Nevertheless, Schiavone whether playing a good match or not, still should have been playing with good confidence heading into the tournament, considering her wins over Seles and Clijsters. For Kapros to play such a match with so many errors and still nearly win must show that she's a scrappy player who will still fight it out to the end on a bad day. Also, pretty impressive for an "overweight girl" to last 8-6 in a final set against a player who can chase balls down to no end.

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
I don't recall saying that the match was high standard either, because I didn't see it! ;) I said it was tough because it looked tough from what I was seeing on the scoreboard. She didn't really look overweight when I saw her play in Oklahoma a year ago, but it sounds like things changed pretty quick ;) I hope she will eventually employ a fitness trainer.

·
Registered
7,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh sorrie I meant Australian Open. But I would like to see her do better this year as she obviously has loads of talent. I just hope she can gain control of her fitness! :D

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Erm, a little less Krapos and a little more Kapros, please! ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts