Tennis Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
172,292 Posts
last i heard was Fusai was pregnant
Maja has retired to coach with her hubby

Lenka hasn't played since Aus 2002, injured i guess.
can't be anything else, she was really promising.

not sure about others

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
wow, Helga Viera wants to be a petroleum engineer, thats big stuff.

I guess she just decided to get her degree, and got a tennis scholarship with ATM.. But she had to sit out a year to meet NCAA requirements.
Good luck Helga! I hope you meet your dream of working in Angola!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,291 Posts
polishprodigy said:
wow, Helga Viera wants to be a petroleum engineer, thats big stuff.

I guess she just decided to get her degree, and got a tennis scholarship with ATM.. But she had to sit out a year to meet NCAA requirements.
Good luck Helga! I hope you meet your dream of working in Portugal!
I think it's good for her :) But can she still play ITF tournaments now, if she wants?

·
Registered
1,517 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Smart move by Helga Viera. Being close to the top 400 means you are struggling financially. Now she has an opportunity to get a college education for free, and that will do her more good in the long-run than professional tennis. I say that because it seems clear that she's not a top 100 player. I bet she'll struggle in the NCAAs too.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Wasn't Eva Martincova the one with that funny serve that ppl laughed at when she played in a grand slam one time?

When she served, it looked like she just suddenly stopped for no reason mid-way through her stroke, and then one second later resumed and hit the ball. It looked so funny lol!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Alex Fusai is pregnant; she played only 3 tournaments in 03: Paris (only double with Tauziat), Budapest (only double with Caroline: 1/2 ) and Dinan in single. She wanted to play Roland Garros with Nat Tauziat but it was too late.

Maja Palavercic officialy retierd last year after her victory at Villenave d'Ornon (FRA). I think she want to be more with her baby.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.