Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where's she right now? She wasn't playing well last year so what happened to her? :confused:

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
I believe she is out working hard on her fitness. I heard she'd be back this spring.

·
Banned
5,076 Posts
Yes, she is trying to work on her fitness but while she was riding a horse she fell over and injured her shoulder, she said she would be back in March, April

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
yeah what the insensitive pricks didn't consider is that myriam actually didn't "get fat" but suffers from gland disease which makes it extremely difficult for her to lose weight and compete as a professional tennis player. the fact that myriam has been able to win a tour title, reach a top 40 ranking and still last year make the 3rd round of roland garros beating Sprem and losing to kuznetsova after leading 4-1 in the 3rd (kuznetsova has match points versus eventual champ myskina) despite this illness/injury that has plagued her for a long time is a credit to just how good she is.

i know i sound fired up but i am because i think people should maybe wait for someone with some knowledge to answer to before making their smart arse remarks.

·
Registered
13,086 Posts
switz said:
yeah what the insensitive pricks didn't consider is that myriam actually didn't "get fat" but suffers from gland disease which makes it extremely difficult for her to lose weight and compete as a professional tennis player. the fact that myriam has been able to win a tour title, reach a top 40 ranking and still last year make the 3rd round of roland garros beating Sprem and losing to kuznetsova after leading 4-1 in the 3rd (kuznetsova has match points versus eventual champ myskina) despite this illness/injury that has plagued her for a long time is a credit to just how good she is.

i know i sound fired up but i am because i think people should maybe wait for someone with some knowledge to answer to before making their smart arse remarks.
Exactly, you took the words out of my mouth.

·
Registered
27,583 Posts
Myri has definetly the talent to become a top 20 player when she gets fitter

Btw her sister Daniela played a Challenger last year. Does she consider a comeback?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Yes I think its especially INSENSITIVE to make light of this players weight, knowing full well its a medical situation.
It was so hard to see her struggling on the court, but inspiring all the same.
I wish her continued health whether she makes it back to the tour or NOT.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
switz said:

wow. i didnt know that.
anyway. i find myriam kinda cute. :)

·
Registered
24,570 Posts
sabandborg said:
What happened? Sab&borg had a ringside seat.

She ate a cow, the cow's descendants have her tied up in animal court.

Read it in 'Animal Story'.
so we're going to use works of fiction as a basis for scientifically backed thought that includes conditions like myriam has? :retard:

well okay, i hope you get a doctor who tells you that the gods are punishing you for your sins next time you're sick... :wavey:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.