Tennis Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They were moved to be after the Henin/Obata match, but I never saw a score. The Schedule from yesterday still shows their match as being on the schedule, but there is no score for it. They also aren't scheduled to play today. I think they are the only 2nd round doubles match not yet played (well, through today for sure). What happened?

Also, did they have to wait late into the night just to find out they wouldn't play?

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
Maybe Ai was just too beat. She finished so late, maybe they let the 4 players choose whether to stay on or to play another day? They could not schedule it for today, because Kim plays singles at night. And I don't think they ever have a singles player play doubles first.

But the doubles schedule is funny anyway. Sharaova and Lisa Raymond finally played their first match on a day when most others were playing Round 2. And that was without any rain involved.

·
Registered
16,773 Posts
Well Kim's singles matches have been extremely easy so far. She and Ai also usually win their early doubles matches in a breeze.

But if Kim, or Ai, start to feel the doubles is starting to jeopardize their singles, I have no doubt they would scratch from the doubles without hesitation.

·
Banned
928 Posts
janie said:
Well Kim's singles matches have been extremely easy so far. She and Ai also usually win their early doubles matches in a breeze.

But if Kim, or Ai, start to feel the doubles is starting to jeopardize their singles, I have no doubt they would scratch from the doubles without hesitation.

I'm not sure.......kim or Ai doesn't give up a opportunity to win three GS doubles titles in a row.........they only scratch from the doubles if Kim or Ai's coach push them to stop.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, Ai is the one suffering, actually. Kim should still be able to get by with playing 1 match a day til the weekend as she will have 2 days off before the SF - and can play the 3rd round and QF doubles those days. Kim will have to play doubles the day of her SF or final, though (assuming she is still in both). AI, though, will have 2 matches a day until she loses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.