Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after months of scratching and clawing, the AMerican idol champion and runnerup, Fantasia and Diana finally released their singles.

And What happened? In two weeks, both singles started out with a bang and in no time took a mighty tumble down the charts.

So what is the problem? Why is it that American Idol winners and finalists can't seem to find any lasting staying power on the charts?

I don't know something just doesn't seem right about all this.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Knizzle said:
In Fantasia's case, I would say it was the song.
I like the song but i'm ready for Tasia to come out with her own stuff....Tamarya Gray wrote the single thats out..and her cd is floppin so....I guess thats your answer. :lol:

·
Registered
10,985 Posts
This just goes to show you that if they were any good they'd have had contracts before AI.

Reactions: Jakeev

·
Registered
11,118 Posts
Jakeev said:
So what is the problem? Why is it that American Idol winners and finalists can't seem to find any lasting staying power on the charts?
WE're still graced with Kelly and Clay. Don't know what Rubin is doing now...

·
Registered
19,296 Posts
Andrew. said:
WE're still graced with Kelly and Clay. Don't know what Rubin is doing now...
Rubin remade one of Karen Carpenter's songs, "Celebrity." The irony of that situation went completely unnoticed. Only in America folks, only in America. :eek:

Carole Ann and I really had the most fun with that American Idol season, I mean Clay v. Rubin, we were guaranteed a "win" no matter who won.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
I dont know about you but I think the song they released is HORRENDOUS..and me thinks Tamyra Gray wrote such a crappy song on purpose to make them look bad and make other people buy her cd instead..in fact I think it backfired because since the AI single stinks then her whole album probably stinks since she wrote all the songs on there as well!

BTW Fantasia sounds SO MUCH like Patti Labelle and I think thats the problem..as for Diana..I would have preferred that she win over Fantasia but ulitmately LATOYA IS MY AMERICAN IDOL of season 3!

·
Premium Member
19,766 Posts
Well I bought the single from Fantasia, and I even did not like Tamayra Gray's song. It was awful. However, the 2 other songs on the single are outstanding.

Diana on the other hand was just awful throughout the entire show. It's amazing because people thought she would do better than Fantasia but she was even farther behind.

Fantasia got #1 the first week out, but fell quick and the reason is probably because she has no video out, the song was weak, and today people love to burn music. Brandy only sold 132,000 copies in her first week, and she was playing on MTV regularly. JoJo sold like 120,000 her first week and she was #1 on TRL. So, I guess it's just the fact that the music industry's selling point is not what it use to be.

Right now it seems that the rap artists are the only ones who can push huge numbers for the first week. All the pop acts have seemed to fall short of huge sales. I guess it will be like that until the music industry finds a way to rid the world of cd burners. LOL:lol:

·
Registered
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
harloo said:
Well I bought the single from Fantasia, and I even did not like Tamayra Gray's song. It was awful. However, the 2 other songs on the single are outstanding.

Diana on the other hand was just awful throughout the entire show. It's amazing because people thought she would do better than Fantasia but she was even farther behind.

Fantasia got #1 the first week out, but fell quick and the reason is probably because she has no video out, the song was weak, and today people love to burn music. Brandy only sold 132,000 copies in her first week, and she was playing on MTV regularly. JoJo sold like 120,000 her first week and she was #1 on TRL. So, I guess it's just the fact that the music industry's selling point is not what it use to be.

Right now it seems that the rap artists are the only ones who can push huge numbers for the first week. All the pop acts have seemed to fall short of huge sales. I guess it will be like that until the music industry finds a way to rid the world of cd burners. LOL:lol:
But there is probably no airplay either. I know I have not heard the song. And beside the fact we do live in an MTV/VH1 world, you would have thought they would market the single better by having a video.

Waste of time in my opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts