Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both groomsmen have been trounced...

What happened?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Costa a groomsman? Surely not. He said himself that he hasn't adjusted yet to clay as well as he would like, but that he feels he has the right strategy to play well, so I think he'll get it together soon. As for Corretja... well, who knows what results he'll string together on clay. Rather like Kafelnikov in recent years, the acid test will be his eventual performance at Roland Garros, since no matter what his other tournaments are like he's always excelled there.

·
Registered
22,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I messed up. Sorry Costa:wavey: if you're reading

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
Corretja's clay season started off just like thislast year, he only improved at the French and after (Gstaad).

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
True, but he did at least manage to make the last 16 in Monte Carlo and the quarters in Barcelona, both results he's failed to defend this year.

·
Senior Member,
2,918 Posts
i think albert is struggling with the pressure of expectation, and the pressure to prove to himself.

alex, i think, is a bit atp tour jaded IMO. i think he accepts that he peaked in 96-01, and that his chances of being top-10 are very limited now.

but i hope they can be inspired and do well because of their past successes in these tournaments. hopefully they're both hoping to peak for RG like they did last year, whereas ferrero and safin have both tended to peak too early.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
alex is doing the same as lats year:(.....he didn't think about tennis...but he said he has to practice now..

so hope he will be great soon....his game is always perfect at rg...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts