Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I left for lunch he was up a set and 4-0...when I got back I saw he had barely won the 2nd set and now has lost the 3rd set. Did he choke? This only serves to help Agassi as now Coria will be tired (if he manages to win) :(

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
He hasn't been in top form throughout RG, he said it himself, but I reckon he'll knuckle down tomorrow and finish it off in four. I think he started getting distracted by the worsening conditions tonight, with it getting darker and more overcast as the match went on, and Zabaleta has started to play much better, he's nailing big forehands down the line.

·
Registered
33,292 Posts
Coria was a bit angry at the end :confused: Zabeleta was better at the end, he had a lot of luck with his shots the last set, all on the line. And the of Coria all behind the line.

·
Registered
39,486 Posts
crush that annoying bug, MARIANO

·
Registered
349 Posts
LucasArg said:
I think Coria will win this tournament. Go Guillermo! :wavey:
Hope you are right

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Coria always complains a lot about line calls.
He complains, but he is not annoying as some other players. I mean, he doesnt throw racquets, and doesnt swear on high level of voice *cough*Hewitt*cough* and doesnt attack linepeople with balls *cough*Agassi*cough*
Jokes aside, Coria was getting frustrated because he saw that he was having a tough match in late hours. The conditions were not his fave ones, Zab was dead and suddenly relived many times, and his own game is not how he wish it was.
Also, seeing that his possible next opponent is fresh and waiting for him or Zabaleta didnt help much. :p

I agree Coria should step up tomorrow and close the match in 4. But Mariano is one of those players that can cause a stun loss to seeds on clay. El Mago better take care. ;)

·
Registered
33,292 Posts
LucasArg said:
I think Coria will win this tournament. Go Guillermo! :wavey:

:bounce: I hope so :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts