Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What happened to Amanda, why did she pull out of Indian Wells and why does it seem like the only tournement she played this year is the Australian Open:confused: I bought tickets to the Acura Classic just so I could see her. Am I going to see her:sad: Is she hurt, sick, semi-retired, more scheduling problems???

·
Registered
427 Posts
My last info for answering Your question is dated from 2004/03/09th.:
This is what I got from her PA in the USA:

"Please let the Federation know that Amanda will not be playing Fed
Cup. I am actually withdrawing her from the next few tournaments due to
fatigue."

With greetings to You, FrankWo.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Manda

Hi everyone how are ya? I saw Amanda play at the Australian Open against Snyder and she was really impressive, she had lost to Tara before and she came through the match really well, especially at the end she hardly missed a ball. I didnt get to see her match against Safina cause we left the day before unfortunately, it would have been interesting to see why she lost that match. I think this break will do her good, she is down to play a few lead up tournies to the french open, and she was injured this time last year (her thigh i think) so she doesnt have many points to defend and she lost to Srebotnik in first round of French so even though her ranking is down in the 70's at the moment i think she'll bring it back up soon. Anyway good luck to her!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey

I was just wondering where amanda had been since Australia.
I hope she comes back soon and plays at French and Wimbledon.
I miss her!!
As long as she's healthy and happy when she returns then its ok.
:bounce:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Yea, the french open doesn't have the same appeal since AC'c not playing.
Missing u, Amanda

1 - 9 of 9 Posts