63,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NATASHA ZVEREVA!? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
Natasha Zvereva...Z-Woman!!!

I like to know the answer myself!!! :sad:

She last played at the Games in Sydney2000... and nothing was heard of her since... :sad:

sorely miss her zany antics as well as her amazing crazy shotmaking...and her Oakleys :cool:

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
I think she just unofficially retired. Her bio on the WTA site says she missed the 2001 season with injury but I don't think she will be back. I hope she does come out of the blue and surprise us though, that would be cool :)
I miss her style and her spunk... she was definately one of a kind on the tour.

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
I think she's retired!i doubt that she'll come back now!

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
What ever happened to....

Nice message Janie, we should be indeed wishing Corina all the best with her health crisis....hope she's back soon!!:D
barmaid:wavey:

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
What ever happened to....

AlexSydney: What ever happened to nice uplifting messages or should I say signatures on this board?? Yours is downright "SCARY":eek: : :eek: :eek:
barmaid:angel:

·
Registered
17,916 Posts
Thanks, barmaid! I don't want the wonderful Corina :angel: -- another top-notch doubles player! --to be forgotten in her absence.

Actually I turned off the signature feature, so I never see my own or anyone else's any more! :cool:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good question, my guess is she did retire and just never officially announced it.

·
Team WTAworld, The Martian Llama
20,264 Posts
What happened with Natasha was a real shame, she was really good for the game, I wish she would come back, but unfortunately I think that's her retired :(

·
Banned
692 Posts
Just to cler this up yes she did retire at last year. She did have a good run I think But as it comes an end comes and unfortunaetley for her fans it was the end

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
Z-Woman... :sad:

i hope she's having loads of fun somewhere out there...

she'll always be one of my favourites...a thrill to watch on a tennis court!!! :cool:

·
Banned
2,623 Posts
My biggest memory of her was when I attended my first grand slam event... Wimbledon '98. I got to watch her beat Steffi Graf for the first time in, I think it was 17 tries!!!! She went all the way to the semifinals and nearly the final... she lead 6-1 6-5 in the semis vs. Tauziat before falling. I hope she's enjoying herself, wherever she is!

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
I liked Nat alot too, I adored the fact that she always was a kid at heart. having fun , laughing being a trip:) I also loved her two pigtails that she would wear at times. Ah what a treat she was, I wonder why she just didn't play only doubles though, that was her forte'??:)

Nat rocks!!:)

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
I miss her! But she lives on in my avatar!

Seriously, I really hope she'll come back and play some exhibitions at the least. I really hate the idea that we might have seen the last of her without a proper chance to say good bye.

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
<center>http://www.********************/zvereva/nz11.jpg

·
Registered
32,932 Posts
<center>http://www.********************/zvereva/nz2.jpg

:bounce:

:wavey:

·
Registered