Tennis Forum banner

what does Errani's final signify?

• the wta tour is in abolute shambles!

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • form temporary, class permanent!

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • serve temporary, moonballs permanent!

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • tortellini is the best diet for a tennis player!

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • the human race will survive forever!

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • hard work pays off!

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • she is former nr. 4, mate!

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • just a 125k, dear!

Votes: 35 26.7%
  • had Wimbledon been in Italy, Sara could have won +14 majors!

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 0.8%
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
36,861 Posts
A Brengle-Stefanini-Baindl-Parry run does not deserve a Slam MD WC
It’s not much less undeserving than Saville, for example, who just lost in the 1st round of qualies @ Eastbourne.

It’s not like the organisers are tripping over with all the WC options. Just give it to lovely little Sarita. Vamos!

·
Registered
31,035 Posts
It’s not much less undeserving than Saville, for example, who just lost in the 1st round of qualies @ Eastbourne.

It’s not like the organisers are tripping over with all the WC options. Just give it to lovely little Sarita. Vamos!
Saville is top 40 in the race after coming back from a long injury break. She is deserving based on her Season

·
Registered
5,902 Posts
Was Vinci a better doubles player than Errani? Yes she was. But we all know a doubles team is only as good as their weakest link. Roberta couldn't have done it without Sara backing her up.
Well maybe Vinci was better in doubles on Grass, but on Clay and Hard Errani and Vinci was very close too each other. Vinci was serving better and also hit more winners on net. But Errani was hitting better on the baseline. Errani was also hitting lesser error and better on the return.

The big reason both players won so many doubles tittel. Was that they played so good to each other and work amazing like a team. None of them have been anything close to that level after they spilt. But Errani get a SF in doubles in USOpen with Pennetta and Semfinal in Rome with Begu and final in Doha with Suarez Navarro. Vinci had 2 SF with Testud in 2001 and 2004 in Slam.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Stosur made the SFs in Mallorca on grass a couple of years ago in similar conditions. She then got knocked out in R1 of Wimbledon.

It doesnt make either of them good on grass, but to their credit they had the smarts to exploit a grass court surface more suitable to their game.

·
Premium Member
53,726 Posts
Stosur made the SFs in Mallorca on grass a couple of years ago in similar conditions. She then got knocked out in R1 of Wimbledon.

It doesnt make either of them good on grass, but to their credit they had the smarts to exploit a grass court surface more suitable to their game.
To be fair Wimbledon and Melbourne Park are the two majors aussies face most pressure and we know Sam is not one to withstand pressure….. I like Sam but always think what could have been if not for Virus that hit Alicia

·
Registered
720 Posts
To be fair Wimbledon and Melbourne Park are the two majors aussies face most pressure and we know Sam is not one to withstand pressure….. I like Sam but always think what could have been if not for Virus that hit Alicia
Even if Sam didnt feel the pressure at home I dont think she would have won AO with her game style, and defintely not Wimbledon.

Re Alicia, I really liked her (and her backhand) but she was never going to win a slam in that era, the fact she came away with a Tier 1, won Sydney and an Olympic medal in that era is a massive achievement in itself. I agree she is a 'what if' in what else she could have achieved (especially in Australia given she thrived there), but 2004 was a weak year with several of the top players out injuried. At least both her and Sam retired winning AO in dubs.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts