Tennis Forum banner

what does Errani's final signify?

• the wta tour is in abolute shambles!

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • form temporary, class permanent!

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • serve temporary, moonballs permanent!

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • tortellini is the best diet for a tennis player!

Votes: 21 16.0%
  • the human race will survive forever!

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • hard work pays off!

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • she is former nr. 4, mate!

Votes: 7 5.3%
  • just a 125k, dear!

Votes: 35 26.7%
  • had Wimbledon been in Italy, Sara could have won +14 majors!

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • other

Votes: 1 0.8%
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sara Errani, who has been widely known with her poor results on grass in singles, reached to the final of a grass tournament and 35-year-old is undefeated on the surface this year.

what does this unusual phenemenon mean? errani has taken the worst set result (golden set) ever in the history of tennis and has often negative W/L annually on this surface.

experts please explain.
Sports uniform Tire Wheel Racketlon Shorts

photo credit:

·
Registered
13,076 Posts
The surface of Gaiba is dust, not grass.. its slower than clay
No, it's extremely fast and very low bouncing, like grass used to be before it was cut so short in the UK tournaments and so much sand was added to slow it down.
Errani has been net rushing all week and not matter how old she gets, she'll always be an amazing net player. That's all there is to it :dunno:

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
40,747 Posts
A mega low bouncing surface favours players who know their way around in doubles. Let's not forget Errani made eight Grand Slam doubles finals winning five of them, including Wimbledon. On a low bouncing surface she will know what can trouble her opponent and she will be able to improvise well when she gets a nasty bounce. Plus this surface probably negated a lot of the weakness in her serving game.

·
Registered
15,776 Posts
I thought the world was coming to an end at Y2K, thereafter after COVID-19, now with Errani 'The Serve' reaching a grass final at some random 125k at home, it is definitely ending. Prepare your canned food and tinfoil hats.

Reactions: Perun and Silasson

·
I felt suddenly quite wildly happy.
49,936 Posts
Other - Yaroslava Shvedova is the GOAT

·
Registered
22,365 Posts
Was Vinci a better doubles player than Errani? Yes she was. But we all know a doubles team is only as good as their weakest link. Roberta couldn't have done it without Sara backing her up.
Wiser words could not be spoken.

·
Registered
34,592 Posts
It tells me she undoubtedly deserves the last MD WC offering.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts