Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know that the "big" girls get more than a million but what about the lower ranked players like the "LOTTO"-Girls (Roberta Vinci, Jelena Kostanic, Kveta Peschke, Kristina Brandi, Anastasia Yakimova, Anastasia Rodionova...) ?

And some wear this WTA-logo on their dress - do they get extra money for that too? Sharapova doesn't wear it for example or the Williams sisters neither.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
959 Posts
Thats the real bussiness.. on money.. isnt it?.. sponsors.. everything is marketable.. Names.. model times.. all you can watch they are wearing on court has to be regulated.. rights and patents.. racket.. balls.. is alive commercial a side the game.. thats the show to atract people.. then .. the environment is the $$$ factor..

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
No.1Hingis said:
Thats the real bussiness.. on money.. isnt it?.. sponsors.. everything is marketable.. Names.. model times.. all you can watch they are wearing on court has to be regulated.. rights and patents.. racket.. balls.. is alive commercial a side the game.. thats the show to atract people.. then .. the environment is the $$$ factor..

????

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No.1Hingis said:
:scratch:

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Helen Lawson said:
I don't know, but I got $5,000 for a year of Chesterfield ads back in the late 1940s. Don't laugh, $5,000 was a lot of money back then!
I think some of the low-level girls you're talking about, they probably get free clothes, but they don't get paid to wear them.
Are you sure? I mean some of them are Top50 and win a lot of matches around the world.

·
Banned
6,444 Posts
Helen Lawson said:
I think some of the low-level girls you're talking about, they probably get free clothes, but they don't get paid to wear them.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Helen, you are on a roll!

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
davidmario said:
I know that the "big" girls get more than a million but what about the lower ranked players like the "LOTTO"-Girls (Roberta Vinci, Jelena Kostanic, Kveta Peschke, Kristina Brandi, Anastasia Yakimova, Anastasia Rodionova...) ?

the girls you mentioned - some of them probly just get the stuff for free, others maybe are being paid 25-75K$ per year. For sure none of these players could make more than 100K/yr with their clothing deals.

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
vogus said:
the girls you mentioned - some of them probly just get the stuff for free, others maybe are being paid 25-75K$ per year. For sure none of these players could make more than 100K/yr with their clothing deals.
Thanks for your answer. How do you know?
But between wearing stuff for free and getting 25000$ is a huge difference. You really think they wear it for free?

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
Betha mattek the girl who was all doled up to play venus in the first round at wimbledon sais she got paid something like 1000 dollars to wear a slogan on her shirt. she did say the marketers waited around the lower ranked players just before they go on court offering badges and stuff. She did say however, that the amount offered depended on who you got to play and on what court, so drawing a top player has its' upsides, they are guranteed to play on a show court and get a lot of coverage and they can make some extra cash. On the other other hand venus may have spent that same ammount on a new hair do the day before! Fancy that, same job but what a world of difference!
Still does not answer the question of this thread.

·
Registered
9,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
tennnisfannn said:
Betha mattek the girl who was all doled up to play venus in the first round at wimbledon sais she got paid something like 1000 dollars to wear a slogan on her shirt. she did say the marketers waited around the lower ranked players just before they go on court offering badges and stuff. She did say however, that the amount offered depended on who you got to play and on what court, so drawing a top player has its' upsides, they are guranteed to play on a show court and get a lot of coverage and they can make some extra cash. On the other other hand venus may have spent that same ammount on a new hair do the day before! Fancy that, same job but what a world of difference!
Still does not answer the question of this thread.
Thanks for your answer :)
I wonder if some get extra cash when they wear the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour slogan. Some wear it but the likes of Sharapova etc don't. :confused:

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I think at least for the Top girls, the money they get is linked to their titles and final appearances. More appearances in finals = more visibility of logos, etc. = more publicity = more money

I don't know the figures.... but I think for the Top players is million dollars per year

·
Banned
2,936 Posts
Bumsby said:
I think at least for the Top girls, the money they get is linked to their titles and final appearances. More appearances in finals = more visibility of logos, etc. = more publicity = more money

I don't know the figures.... but I think for the Top players is million dollars per year
I don't think that's true, Justine has been in all 3 Grand Slam finals this year but Maria will probably get more money from sponsers!

Also Kirilenko doesn't get very far in tournaments but Adidas have given her, her own exclusive line of clothing and she probably gets quite a lot for it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts