Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, according to the media, the Bush administration, and the Blair administration "sexed-up" reports to "prove" that Iraq had wmd.

In other words, they knew what result they wanted and they just looked at those reports that proved their point, ignoring those against it.

Same with some posters and the ranking system.

They want the system to show something (Serena as # 1) and if it doesn't, they want to change the system, they want a system that "objectively" shows the result they want.

It was for that reason that the system was modified last year, giving more weight to the GSs, now it seems that if Kim gets the # 1 without winning a Gs then it will be necessary to adjust the system a little more, if we don't get what we want, we change the system. Instead of designing a system to measure as accurately as possible the players performance, we rather decide what the outcome should be and then fix the system to yield that result.

·
Banned
5,053 Posts
The fact is that it doesn't matter if you are ranked 1 or 2 in the world, it changes absolutely nothing.

It does change something for the medias, who have nothing to say or are incompetant about tennis, so they will write articles about how the ranking system is flawed.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
You know Fingon, hugs all over the world are free! Feel free to use them now as well as after the U.S. Open when you'll most need them. LOL

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Knizzle said:
Well what do you expect, people like George Bush and Fingon, put me to sleep with their tedious, repetitive jabber. They both sound like a broken record
still no reason to fall asleep in public :eek:

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
caelestia said:
still no reason to all asleep in public :eek:
Speaking of falling asleep in public, I know this is :topic: , but I went to see bad boys 2 this weekend, and there was this guy behind me that kept going to sleep and snoring throughout the movie. He was progressively getting louder and louder as the movie went on. :lol: :lol: True enough it was the late show (it ended about 2am), but why go to a movie and then fall asleep?? :zzz:

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
lol, and to fall asleep at an over the top action flick like bb2? what the hell, that guy would probably sleep through an aerial bombing raid :eek:

I remember going to this late double show for Scary Movie and Boys and Girls (I went for scary movie of course :eek:). By the time Boys and Girls was over...half the theatre was asleep. It wasn't a surprise though, guessing by the average age of the audience, 1 am was probably well past their bedtime :angel:

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Fingon said:
well, according to the media, the Bush administration, and the Blair administration "sexed-up" reports to "prove" that Iraq had wmd.

In other words, they knew what result they wanted and they just looked at those reports that proved their point, ignoring those against it.

Same with some posters and the ranking system.

They want the system to show something (Serena as # 1) and if it doesn't, they want to change the system, they want a system that "objectively" shows the result they want.

It was for that reason that the system was modified last year, giving more weight to the GSs, now it seems that if Kim gets the # 1 without winning a Gs then it will be necessary to adjust the system a little more, if we don't get what we want, we change the system. Instead of designing a system to measure as accurately as possible the players performance, we rather decide what the outcome should be and then fix the system to yield that result.
:worship:

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
talk about lack of perspective. To compare shady george bush and his cronies and the magnitude of what they did to the ranking system.... :eek:

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
the fact that some of them post a lot of bull, and actually believe what they are talking about.

Geroge does this all the time. As you can see he has not earn an inch of respect to get any type of "presdient" status. I will call Serena President Williams, before (u know what) I say for Geroge!

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Knizzle said:
Well what do you expect, people like George Bush and Fingon, put me to sleep with their tedious, repetitive jabber. They both sound like a broken record
then you are even more stupid than I thought because if I bore you so much, why do you spend so much energy trying to convince me that Venus is a great volleyer? (remember the threads directed to me?) and why do you read my posts at all?

I do find you very boring and very stupid and normally don't read your bullshit, you are the one that is always replying to my posts.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
she is not great but she is good. :wavey:

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cybelle Darkholme said:
talk about lack of perspective. To compare shady george bush and his cronies and the magnitude of what they did to the ranking system....

talking about lack of brains, I am not comparing situations, I am comparing reasoning, but i get that's too hard to understand

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
MarcusRock said:
You know Fingon, hugs all over the world are free! Feel free to use them now as well as after the U.S. Open when you'll most need them. LOL

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

ok, try again but this time try to make sense ok?

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Fingon said:
ok, try again but this time try to make sense ok?
... said the creator of a thread whose purpose was to bitch about people bitching about something. Hmmm. By comparison, I made tons of sense. LOL.

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MarcusRock said:
... said the creator of a thread whose purpose was to bitch about people bitching about something. Hmmm. By comparison, I made tons of sense. LOL.

you never do, I never say anything about your stupid draws, I just ignore them, you should do the same with mine (I am not one of those who consider you sharp or funny, quite the opposite really).

·
Registered
8,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
MarcusRock said:
btw, why don't you include your own sentences in your signature?, you make dumb mistakes with everything you say.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts