Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's amazing for how long Justine works with her Coach Carlos Rodriguez together. Actually she never a different coach since turning pro. So it was no surprise that she hired Rodriguez again when she came back on tour.

:confused: But what did Carlos do during Justine's break? Does anybody know?

:confused: Do you think it is a good thing to work with the same coach for a whole carreer?

I believe it's much better than changing coaches like towels but sometimes a new coach get's new input, new ideas and new motivation... :rolleyes:

·
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.
8,475 Posts
I believe it's much better than changing coaches like towels but sometimes a new coach get's new input, new ideas and new motivation... :rolleyes:
Well, she won 7 GS when Carlos is with her. Why change a winning formula?

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because she started to struggle when she retired.

I'd love to see Navratilova coaching her and making her a Wimbledon champion!

·
The Comeback Begins - January 2010.
8,475 Posts
Because she started to struggle when she retired.

I'd love to see Navratilova coaching her and making her a Wimbledon champion!
Maybe you can ask Richard Williams instead. Her kids do mighty well in Wimbledon too!

·
Banned
450 Posts
He actually acted as coach for Wickmayer early 2009. Without success, Yanina failed to win a match.
To make matters worse, he did not go physically to Australia himself but sent his assistant Philippe De Haes.

It is known that Wickmayer's entourage is still displeased with his commitment then.

·
Registered
25,370 Posts
he sat twiddling his thumbs, watching henin matches in his dressing gown in a darkened room drunk 24/7

·
Registered
21,059 Posts
Well, he does have a family to tend to outside oft ennis.:lol:

·
Banned
450 Posts
Really?? Didn't know he worked with Wickmayer...
"Worked" is a strong word according to Wickmayer's dad but yes he was her coach for a few months.

Wickmayer also attended Henin's tennis academy. On the question whether she learned a lot from Justine she said "not really she never was there"

1 - 9 of 9 Posts