Tennis Forum banner

3901 - 3920 of 3938 Posts

·
Registered
15,699 Posts
I just finished that book.

Interesting titbits, one of which is that big daddy Fred Trump's fortune in the end amounted to nearly a billion when he died... that's curious since his son Donald's current fortune is supposedly just over a billion. Meaning, he hasn't even really multiplied it that much.

Anyways... now busy Venus Envy by L. Jon Wertheim — which to be honest I had started much earlier (before Mary Trump's book)

·
Registered
7,702 Posts
Dr. Bloodmoney - Philip K. Dick. One of the "minor" PKD novels, as I've finished all the classic ones, such as Ubik, The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldrich or A Scanner darkly, but this is almost the one I've liked the most (everything from him is relentlessly brilliant) This one is weird even by his usual standards. One character is Hoppy Harrignton, a phocomelus ( travels in a phocomobile) that is born without arms and legs and then becomes an evil mechanical demigod in a post-apocalyptic world. Another is Edie Keller, a kid who has an hominculus brother inside her called Bill who speaks with the dead and is the only one who can hurt the phocomelus by getting inside his brain ( when I said it was weird I really meant it, lol)

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
Giovanni's Room

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
I finished reading a short story collection by Naguib Mahfouz. I am about to start a new book, confused which one to go with:

A) Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

or

B) Drive Your Plow Over The Bones of The Dead by Olga Tokarczuk

3901 - 3920 of 3938 Posts