Tennis Forum banner

1681 - 1685 of 1685 Posts

·
Registered
36,154 Posts
hey everyone! i mean, yeah, now's the time to revive this thread for sure.

mentally i feel fine, but i really don't have much work. most projects that were planned for the coming months have been postponed, and for me as a self-employed person that's tough. i have money to get through two, maybe three months, but after that …? i don't know what will happen.
at leat this way i have lots of time for my own music, reading and watching movies and tv shows. i finally caught up on "twin peaks: the return" and i love it.

i'm not in touch with the other (ex-)whatbanders. i deactivated my FB-account. something i wanted to do for a long time, but finally did after watching "the great hack". i miss them.

albums i've been listening to that i enjoy: alexandra savior, king krule, soccer mommy, caribou, u.s. girls, waxhatchee
albums i've been listening to that i'm not sure of yet: torres, sink ya teeh, real estate, wolf parade

·
***** Emeritus
41,651 Posts
Didn't like the US Girls one at first listen, Beat. Not sure about Waxahatchee (bless you) either.

Yes, no contact with the other what banders anymore is probably the only think I miss from facebook.

·
***** Emeritus
41,651 Posts
And yes, being self-employed must be tough at the moment. I am in essence employed by the state, so I have nothing to worry about. Teaching from distance is not that much fun, but once you have the hang of it, it's ok (the advantage is that if I start teaching at 8.30 I have to get up at 8 now instead of 6 or something to be at work before traffic ;)). And at uni, I'm usually at my desk or in meetings, so that's basically something I can do from work as well (MS Teams, zoom, bongo, Starleaf, you name it, I use them all now).

The human contact with colleagues and friends is the only thing I'm really missing. And doctors advise to not do long runs, so that's a pity as well. Oh and no tennis obviously. And my ski trip for next week is cancelled; usually the highlight of the first semester. But that's peanuts compared to other people's problems of course.

·
Registered
36,154 Posts
hey y'all! i hope you lot are alright?

joris, you liked my recent BSG submission "black fly" by circuit des yeux. that's why i thought i'd let you know that this artist has a new album out under the monicker jackie lynn, the album is called "jacqueline".

another album i thought you'd like is the 2nd LP by moaning. it's called "uneasy laughter" and it sounds like something you might be into.

and finally yves tumor has also a new album out, but i haven't listened to it yet, not properly.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
Hello What Band!

Just popping out to check on everyone. This pandemic is awful and there are many days when I only check my phone in the morning for emails or texts from my family and stay away from everything else. I'm on Facebook even less than I am here. I do go out on Instagram but after a while, social media makes me anxious.

Beat, I hope that things turn around for you soon 🤗

Stay safe all. Love and kisses.

Pam

1681 - 1685 of 1685 Posts