Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 162 Posts

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously I'll start. For me it's players who take too long to serve the ball in between points. Aka Kirilenko, Sharapova, and Hantuchova. What are yours? :)

·
Registered
447 Posts
For me it's players who take too long to serve the ball in between points. Aka Sharapova
Bingo. I hate that. Everytime she does her stupid routine and watches her opponent before throwing the ball, man, I hate that. :eek:

High pitch grunting as well. Sharapova, Azarenka, De Brito etc. etc. But I'm aware that it's just a personal preference, because I don't mind some different noises/grunts like Schiavone or Errani, and I can see how it can be the opposite for someone else.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I'll point out a recurring annoyance indirectly related to the match itself instead.

Obviously for some of us stream watchers, those pop-up ads demanding you to wait for 30 seconds before being able to close it is a struggle. :(

Reactions: Kunal

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I'll point on something indirectly related to the match itself instead.

Obviously for some of us stream watchers, those pop-up ads demanding you to wait for 30 seconds before being able to close it is a struggle. :(
especially those tiny "x"'s that these pop up ad's hide :fiery:

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Sitting around people who cheer and clap for their faves opponent's errors or faults and double faults.

I've seen specific fan bases do this whatever tournament I'm at.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Continual panning to the player's box. Couldn't we just STIPULATE that the player's family/friends/loved ones are there rooting for the player?!! Also, players with long, elaborate routines: Sharapova and Nadal (pants tug) are the biggest annoyances presently, but I remember Mary Pierce (Whom I LOVED as a player) taking FOREVER to serve! Announcers who run to either extreme: either they are Captains Obvious or they DON'T HAVE A CLUE... The lack of respect for the marvel that is Serena Williams. (For some, it seems like it literally PAINS them to acknowledge her accomplishments and to give her her due...)

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
players apologising when they win a point from a dead net cord
Just curious why that bothers you? I seem to like seeing it.

There was a whole thread on the topic earlier, and I think the general consensus was that obviously the player isn't sorry that she won the point, but she is more acknowledging that she got lucky.

·
Delusional Jankobitch
7,159 Posts
Just curious why that bothers you? I seem to like seeing it.

There was a whole thread on the topic earlier, and I think the general consensus was that obviously the player isn't sorry that she won the point, but she is more acknowledging that she got lucky.
I just think it's gratuitous, you want to win every point you don't need to acknowledge you got lucky you know it the opponent knows it.

I'd rather just continue as normal. It doesn't actually bother me that much like I said I just think it's unnecessary. :D

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
I just think it's gratuitous, you want to win every point you don't need to acknowledge you got lucky you know it the opponent knows it.

I'd rather just continue as normal. It doesn't actually bother me that much like I said I just think it's unnecessary. :D
I don't think its about being lucky.

I think its about jarring the opponent. Net cords and wrong footing jar the opponents body.
When I play tennis and I do raise my hand to apologize when that happens. Then I turn around and quietly fistpump to myself. :eek:h:

Reactions: GameSetJJ

·
Registered
507 Posts
especially those tiny "x"'s that these pop up ad's hide :fiery:
Oh lord, yesss! :hysteric: Frickin' hate them.

But they gotta get 'em extra revenues though.

·
Perpetually under-ranked.
2,572 Posts
The horrible prejudicial comments on the SportLemon chatboard. Usually I like the commentary when it's light hearted funny and making fun of players for being brainless and making stupid moves, but when the conversation veers into the nasty and ugly, I realise how horrible society can be, there were times I just preferred to watch the smaller stream that came with my Bet365 account.

·
God Gave Us Rock 'N' Roll
47,931 Posts
I actually watch tennis and enjoy the game unlike many posters on this forum :)

Reactions: Shivank17

·
Registered
16,276 Posts
players apologising when they win a point from a dead net cord
I dunno whether it's annoying or not but it definitely is the weirdest tennis etiquette there is (no other sport requires you to apologize after you score a legitimate point.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Also if you don't click it at the precise spot, guess what? More pop ups! :rolleyes:
Also, the occasional lags aren't helping at all, adding to our agony. Most of the time it's bearable but I've had bad times where as if it purposely lags on exciting rallies. But whatever, as long as I am able to watch 'em matches then it's worth to endure a little struggle.

Would one be so kind enough to recommend good streaming websites though? :angel: I have poor googling skills so...

1 - 20 of 162 Posts