Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You've saw from a player after a match??

My most memorable are:

Venus at Wimby quarterfinal victory over Hingis. The ace on matchpoint followed by a yell and a leap into the air.

Venus again at Wimbledon finals.

Serena at the US Open, with her rubber legs after the match!!

Serena at IW 2001 final, this is probably my favorite celebration because the whole crowd was against her, and she made a comeback after losing the first set against Clijsters. Serena never celebrated so hard in her life. She was like WOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Hands raised in the air. And you knew she was celebrating so hard to say to the haters of IW "How you like me now??" She went out of IW on top, and never returned.

· Registered
20,830 Posts
steffi after wimbledon and us open 89
the ultimate prove how stupid things become when people don't think for themselves but take over what others say :eek:

· Banned
27,238 Posts
Venus def Davenport 00 Wimbledon final
Serena def Jennifer 03 Wimbledon quarter final
Jennifer def Martina 02 Australian Open final
Jennifer def Martina 01 Australian Open final

ill think of some more :)

· Registered
8,951 Posts
Steffi 89 US Open
Steffi 99 French
Steffi 96 US Open
Venus 00 Wimbledon
Serena 99 US Open
Bjorg
Guga's "heart"
Hingis 99 US Open Semi
Hingis 97 French Semi
Venus 97 US Open Semi
Lindsay 98 US Open

· Registered
11,079 Posts
Venus 2000 Wimbledon Victory.

I was just so ecstatic, jumping up and down with her. :D

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

· Registered
20,830 Posts
well steffi was crying out of happiness in the first and trowing her raquet out of the same at the other

I thought she was such a cold bitch without feelings? :eek:

· Registered
17,877 Posts
IW '01 was a classic...

any reaction from my faves after winning a grand slam. I like USO 99, '00, '01 and '02. '99 because Serena couldn't walk, '00 because Venus had her arms in the air, '01 because of the hug at the net and Venus and Serena's exchange before they shook the umpire's hand (I don't even feel like I won. You did win, don't feel bad) and last year because Serena told the camera she was tired. :lol: :lol: :lol:

· Registered
8,951 Posts
That was a great reaction. Serena showed them what class was all about. Then later told them thas she was young and didnt' understand the hatred in which they booed her. Class act.

· Registered
19,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Even though this wasn't really a "celebration" I loved the look of total shock and disbelief on Serena's face after she beat Venus 6-2, 6-2 at Miami 2002. She couldn't believe she beat big sis. Classic :worship:

· Registered
20,830 Posts
well I didn't see many matches from before that period so my opinion is based on pics and I say no.not sure she cried before after a win but still she didn't look cold. not everybody can be a nav (not that there is anything thing wrong with crying all the time.) but imho it's all based on the fact that steffi was mentally tired, shocked, not realizing what she had done after us open 88 so didn't show fake emotions and she was bashed for it for years

when she cried at french 95. people acted like some miracle happened. please :rolleyes:

· Registered
93 Posts
Jana Novotna '98 Wimbledon - she was SO HAPPY

Venus 2000 Wimbledon - that was great celebration, I couldn't stop smiling, you could tell it meant so, so much to her - she realized a dream and all the hard work paid off

Serena '99 US Open - her reaction was priceless! Shock and joy.

· Registered
1,514 Posts
irma said:
us open 96 of course in the thunder,, everybody wanted to go inside except steffi :lol:
That's not how I saw it. To me, everyone looked perhaps a little out of sorts, but not much. Steffi and Monica, in particular, both stood in the rain and just laughed as it washed all over them.

· Registered
7,880 Posts
Steffi at 99 RG or Lindsay at Wimbledon 99.
it was a memorable moment because of how Hingis reacted but Steffi's celebration was not worth forgetting either. She was covered in clay! :eek:
and at wimby, I had never before seen Lindsay express so much emotion. You really had to feel happy for her after many had written her off as too slow to win there. :)

On the men's side, I would have to say Goran's celebration on finally winning wimbledon. A classic!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.