Tennis Forum banner

3201 - 3220 of 3220 Posts

·
Registered
13,633 Posts
A diet cherry Pepsi Max with the juice of half a lime.

·
Registered
13,633 Posts
Prawn salad and rum baba with pear.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Beef parmigiana and potato purée.
(Question: is there a difference between a potato purée and mashed potatoes?)

·
Registered
39,670 Posts
I looked at some potato purée recipes online and the main difference I see is that classic mashed potatoes are simply mashed and not smooth. The basic ingredients (potatoes, milk or cream, butter, salt and pepper) seem to be the same. 🤷🏿‍♂️

·
Registered
13,633 Posts
I agree with JN - potato puree has a finer consistency. I prefer mashed potato as the puree can be too soft and lack texture.
Cherry and lime sounds... unusual
It does, and I did wonder what it would be like but I find the cherry Pepsi max too sweet and wanted to take that edge off it. It worked though,(for me at any rate). I"m not sure it would work with a straight cherryade though.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I looked at some potato purée recipes online and the main difference I see is that classic mashed potatoes are simply mashed and not smooth. The basic ingredients (potatoes, milk or cream, butter, salt and pepper) seem to be the same. 🤷🏿‍♂️
I agree with JN - potato puree has a finer consistency. I prefer mashed potato as the puree can be too soft and lack texture.
Thanks for the clarification. I've been taught in school to say "mashed potatoes" but recently I've been seeing a lot the use of "potato purée" in recipes/cooking reality shows/etc. I guess I usually prepare potato purée then, since I not only mash the potatoes, but press them on a fine mesh sieve so it comes out very smooth. Also, in portuguese we say "purê de batata" which sounds very similar.

·
Registered
13,633 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. I've been taught in school to say "mashed potatoes" but recently I've been seeing a lot the use of "potato purée" in recipes/cooking reality shows/etc. I guess I usually prepare potato purée then, since I not only mash the potatoes, but press them on a fine mesh sieve so it comes out very smooth. Also, in portuguese we say "purê de batata" which sounds very similar.
I think that these days people want to make things sound grander or more dramtic than they are. Reports just used to have a summary, now they have an 'executive summary' What on earth makes it executive? People used to contact others, now thy 'reach out' Churches used to have organists or/and choir masters, not they have musical directors and so on and so on. It looks as if the humble mashed potato has suffered the same fate.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I think that these days people want to make things sound grander or more dramtic than they are. Reports just used to have a summary, now they have an 'executive summary' What on earth makes it executive? People used to contact others, now thy 'reach out' Churches used to have organists or/and choir masters, not they have musical directors and so on and so on. It looks as if the humble mashed potato has suffered the same fate.
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
13,633 Posts
Macaroni cheese with peas and asparagus; sherry trifle.

·
Registered
13,633 Posts
Pepperoni pizza and salad.

·
Premium Member
10,000 Posts
potatoe salad + carrots + chicken chunks

well seasoned & topped with sour cream

·
Registered
39,670 Posts