Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i remember when i use to be obsessed with this.

bielik has a big serve and molik has quite a big one although it isn't quite as high as the players above if you go on consistency but she has hit very fast serves.

mauresmo's is prett fast.

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
My list of fast servers:
Venus
Serena
Davenport
Lucic
Stevenson
Molik
Beilik
Tulyaganova
Clijsters
Mauresmo
Seles
Hantuchova
Schett
Henin
Vakulenko
Schiavone
Zvonareva
Sharapova
A.Barna

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
V.Melb said:
My list of fast servers:
Venus
Serena
Davenport
Lucic
Stevenson
Molik
Beilik
Tulyaganova
Clijsters
Mauresmo
Seles
Hantuchova
Schett
Henin
Vakulenko
Schiavone
Zvonareva
Sharapova
A.Barna
good list, but i don't even ever remember lindsay hitting any serves around 115mph, i would not have her third on this list at all, it would defintely be

Venus
Serena
Iroda

For the top 3, followed by Bielik/Stevenson. They actually have the ability, if they went out there to try and hit their hardest serve ever, this would be the order.

Kim Clijsters, i doubt she even has reached 115 or more, I would not have her above Amelie Mauresmo, defintely a couple spots down from Ms. Homo, and I would probably have Monica following Kim Clijsters. Something else, Hantuchova, I doubt she has ever even served a ball over 105 mph, Justine Henin would defintely be way way way above Her. Seeing Justine can serve around 115mph, I would put her infront of Amelie Mauresmo, oh and Lindsay D, she would have to be right behind Mauresmo, followed by Jennifer, Kim, and Monica

So the List should look something like this

Venus
Serena
Iroda
Beilik
Stevenson
Henin
Mauresmo
Davenport
Cappy
Clijsters
Seles

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Kim's serve is big now. Having a quick look at her AO stats, she hit 183kph against Reeves, and 180 against Serena.

·
Registered
24,197 Posts
i may be wrong, but i think the qustion asks what are the five fastest SERVES and not SERVERS. i would think that all 5 of the biggest are occupied by venus. she had the 127, and has hit 125 several times... so, thats just my answer for interpreting the question.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
perebiynis hit a 114mph on at wimbledon against schnyder last year in the first round.

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
Fastest SERVES? Not servers?

127 mph Venus
126 mph Venus
125 mph Venus
124 mph Venus
123 mph Venus

Serena once hit a 122 mph

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Volcana said:
Fastest SERVES? Not servers?

127 mph Venus
126 mph Venus
125 mph Venus
124 mph Venus
123 mph Venus

Serena once hit a 122 mph
I just checked. Guinness has Schultz-McCarthy at 123 too.

·
Banned
3,702 Posts
I've reached 121... but it wasn't in a match... and I'm a peon.

Venus has all the fastest serves.

·
psychotic banana
3,022 Posts
Yeah, I believe Venus does...c'mon Venus, break that 130 mph barrier. ;)

·
Registered
557 Posts
if u get every player's (from the top 12) fastest serveand compile a list and each player can only appear once it should look something like this

Venus
Serena
Capriati (she hit a 180 k/h at RG last year!?!)
Kim
Lindsay

·
Plainclothes Division
6,350 Posts
If the question refered to the top 5 players based on their fastest serve, then the top 4 are the only women to crack the 120 barrier in the radar gun era:

Venus Williams- 127
Brenda Schultz-McCarthy- 123
Serena Williams- 122
Alexandra Stevenson- 120

I'm trying to recall if Iroda hit one at 119. If not, then next is Jana Novotna at 118. I'll have to dig up my stats.

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Brian Stewart said:
If the question refered to the top 5 players based on their fastest serve, then the top 4 are the only women to crack the 120 barrier in the radar gun era:

Venus Williams- 127
Brenda Schultz-McCarthy- 123
Serena Williams- 122
Alexandra Stevenson- 120

I'm trying to recall if Iroda hit one at 119. If not, then next is Jana Novotna at 118. I'll have to dig up my stats.
The question did not refer to that, but that is extremely interesting. Had no idea Jana Novotna could hit that big a serve!

Of course, the difference between 119 and 120 is nil with the inaccuracy of radar guns.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts