Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well she's 18, started in the top 200 this year and is already in the top 100 right now. She's small (1.55m or something) and has a game similar to Amanda Coetzer. And she's erving for the match against Kuznetsova right now :eek: (6-4 5-2)

Somebody watching this match? Svetlana isn't playing that great but that girls brings so many balls back! Will she be the 'new star' of 2005?

Ok she won 6-4 6-2 :eek:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Mirza has alot of game. Reminds me alot of Sharapova. I'd love to see those 2 play each other sometime soon.

Serena had to play unbelievable to beat her easily in the AO and she will probably face her in Dubai so it will be a very interesting match.

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok but Mirza doesn't have a serve so I don't think she can get into the top 10 or so?!

·
Registered
199,337 Posts
Wouldn't say Sania's game is similar to A. Coetzer. Sania hits way harder. She's prospect, think she'll make it to the semis. Slim chance of becoming the new star of 2005 Very curious how she will do on the American/European tour.

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok she hits the ball harder than Amanda did but she doesn't have real weapons imo but brings everything back (ok that's also a weapon :D)

@Bram: that's what they said on Eurosport and she was about 20cm smaller than Kuzzi ;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
fleemke³ said:
Well she's 18, started in the top 200 this year and is already in the top 100 right now. She's small (1.55m or something) and has a game similar to Amanda Coetzer. And she's erving for the match against Kuznetsova right now :eek: (6-4 5-2)

Somebody watching this match? Svetlana isn't playing that great but that girls brings so many balls back! Will she be the 'new star' of 2005?

Ok she won 6-4 6-2 :eek:
The WTA misprinted the metric height as 1.53, while stating her correct height in the American system as 5'7" or 1.70, and her game is not at all similar to Coetzer if you saw the AO 3rd round

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Her movement is still a little slow but she hits hard. I doubt she'll beat Jankovic or Farina Ella in her next match. It's been a great week for her though. Congrats Mirza.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Sania most definitely has a weapon.. one of the biggest forehands in the game. She is also not nearly as good a mover as Coetzer, she knows that her fitness and serve are what she needs to improve to make it into the game's elite.

·
Registered
6,551 Posts
Sania achieved a great victory today. She has impressive skills. She is a future star. Let's see how she does in the next round.

·
Registered
405 Posts
She did not so good @ junior level.. She never reached any QF in the junior grandslams... She lost to a lot of pretty bad girls, so this amazes me a lot. The reason she does so well in rankings, is also because of the weak tournaments she has played! Wanna see her playing Indian Wells or something..

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think her ground strokes are not less solid than Sharapova's. And she is 5'7 1/2''(as wta official website) and it's about 172cm in metric system.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.