Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:yawn: Atleast last week was sort of interesting when Hingis was playing...:yawn:

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
Prepare to be banned...or at least forced to go hunting with Dick Cheney.

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
griffin said:
Prepare to be banned...or at least forced to go hunting with Dick Cheney.
Hunting with Cheney...:scared:

You should be having a good time...your girl is the hottest thing on the tour...:eek:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,089 Posts
i somehow agree partly... it hasn't been that a good start of the season. hopefully indian wells, miami dubia and the busy march-june will change that :) i need some good matches.

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
And I just need to see some action. Live of course. 3 months to go for Berlin :retard:

And I need some days off work.

And I need a long car trip.

And I need Tatjana to win many matches next week.

And I need some sleep :)

·
Registered
52,357 Posts
Cam'ron Giles said:
You should be having a good time...your girl is the hottest thing on the tour...
:banana: Momo :banana:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Mauresmo wins back-to-back(-to-back?) titles including her first Grand Slam . . . . pretty exciting start to me! Back to #1, Amelie!

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I think the season has been pretty good considering Amelie's fantastic start (definitely the next no. 1) and Martina's great return.

I guess Paris and Antwerp haven't been overly gripping but things should pick up in Dubaii :) Martina and Venus are back in action, Serena's going shopping, etc...

·
Banned
7,113 Posts
Im happy for Momo, but this season has been a total and utter JOKE! Mostly the AO.

Even though she has longly deserved a GS, she didnt earn it that week, and 4 matches, equvialent to a tier 2 is just ridiculous.

Paris seemed more exciting than the AO! and that is a very bad thing!

But seen as though Momo finally has the confidence she needs, then hopefully the season will start getting more intersting with all the other top players actually playing!

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
1) Martina comes back on the tour; winning a Mixed Doubles Grand Slam title, reaches a Tier I final, QF at Australian Open plus SF at Gold Coast.

2) Amelie wins her first Grand Slam in Melbourne

3) Marion Bartoli and Shahar Peer win their first titles

4) Elena Dementieva wins her first Tier I

Quite a good first six weeks!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Kim withdraws. Justine wins.
Elena plays rubbish,
Mary plays rubbish
Martina wins - Kim wins.
Kim injured, Momo wins
Everyone retires or should have or should not have - Momo wins
Martina plays great- Elena wins
Mary beats her way through field to final again . Momo wins

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Elena Dementieva beating Hingis after Hingis beating sharapova, and momo wining her first GS and beating Duschevina y Safina in Paris is quiet good for me for the start of the season

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
it's the season's fault that the sisters have played one tournament poorly and that Henin ruined the Australian Open final.

what's boring for one person is very interesting for another. I would like to see Venus and Serena playing quality tennis again and for everybody on tour to play great matches week in week out but the reality is that it isn't likely to ever happen again unfortunately.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
30,466 Posts
Cam'ron Giles said:
:yawn: Atleast last week was sort of interesting when Hingis was playing...:yawn:
so what have you been doing the last 3 years that she hasn't played, if everyone else is so boring? :rolleyes: ;)

I think this season has been the most interesting in a while actually :)

·
Registered
6,947 Posts
I can't help but agree. Martina's comeback has been excitement, and also sweet to see Mauresmo win a Slam, but... quality matches and lots of drama? Not yet.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
not lot of drama?
venus out in first round at the Oz
serena out in third round at the Oz
Justine in the OZ final
Dementieva beating Hingis
Hingis beating Sharapova

Is not this drama?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts