Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
25,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ITF announced on 21 March that, due to the devastating earthquake and tsunami in Japan, this tie would be postponed until 16-17 July.

“In light of these dreadful and exceptional circumstances, we felt it was important to give the JTA the opportunity still to host the tie and for Fed Cup to play its very small part in the healing process of a nation. We are grateful to both nations, Japan and Argentina, for their cooperation," said ITF President Francesco Ricci Bitti.

Argentina is looking to win a fourth consecutive tie against Japan. The two nations are level with three wins each in previous match-ups, but it is the South American side which has had the best of recent clashes.

Both nations earned their place in the World Group II play-offs following successful zonal campaigns. Argentina is looking to bounce straight back into World Group II after being relegated by Canada at the same stage of the competition last year.

Japan dropped out of World Group II in 2009 and failed to earn immediate promotion after losing to Slovenia in last year’s World Group II play-offs.

·
Registered
25,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TIE DETAILS
Date: 16 Jul - 17 Jul 2011
Venue: Bourbon Beans Dome, Kobe, Japan
Start times:
Day 1: 1400 hrs (0500 hrs GMT)
Day 2: 1300 hrs (0400 hrs GMT)
Surface: Hard (Decoturf), Indoor

·
Registered
25,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
It seems the best 3 argies on ranking wont play: Dulko, Molinero and Ormaechea.
Impossible for Argentina.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
we are in a big trouble :facepalm:

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
^I doubt this is a repeat of Ukraine vs. Australia :shrug:

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Jpn is the fav on this one.

They have Date-Krumm, Morita, MISAKI DOI and Kurumi Nara.

·
Registered
34,578 Posts
I guess it might be 5-0 for Japan. It will be great for the country to have a win at home.

This is the one Dulko should be playing, rather than the Americas Zone I :p

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I guess it might be 5-0 for Japan. It will be great for the country to have a win at home.

This is the one Dulko should be playing, rather than the Americas Zone I :p
Agree.

·
Registered
24,441 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
From Left to right: Maria Irigoyen , Mailen Auroux , Vanesa Furlanetto , Aranza Salut and the captain of the team Bettina Fulco.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
It's no doubt that Jpnese yongsters led by Morita and Doi will whitewash Arg team....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts