Discussion Starter #1
SI's Jon Wertheim's 2003 Roland Garros predictions:
===========================
PREDICTIONS

Semifinals: Capriati vs. Clijsters, Serena Williams vs. Henin-Hardenne
Final: Clijsters vs. Williams
Champion: Clijsters
======================

Naturally, I don't agree with his predictions, but everyone has a right to a valid opinion.

MY Predictions:

Semifinals:
VENUS vs. Clijsters
SERENA vs. Henin-Hardenne

Final:
VENUS vs. SERENA

Champion: VENUS

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like either Jon or I will be having a meal of smothered crow in 2 weeks.

However, a win by SERENA will still bring happiness to me. :)

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
I have no idea how he sees Kim winning the thing, and with beating both Williams sisters back to back at a Grand Slam. I think Kim won't be a problem for Venus to handle, and Justine will be a problem for Serena.
So if there is not a Williams final(which I highly doubt that it will not occur) it would be
Venus against Justine finas with Venus Williams holding up her First Roland Garros trophy.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
Hmmmm.... only time will tell the tale.

·
Registered
18,419 Posts
I think a Venus and Justine final is the likeliest of all finals for this year's Roland Garros.

Had Venus been in Justine's half instead of Serena, an all Williams finals would have been more palpable since Serena is usually a problem for Kim and Venus to Justine. But since it's the other way around, Justine will have a better shot at beating a sister if it is Serena. I think Kim is the Belgian who is the more likely to fall to a sister on clay than Justine so if a Williams make it the finals, Venus will be my bet.

If the sisters were on both sides of the draw, I would put my money on Justine to win because Justine can beat Kim in the semis and Serena d. Venus and Justine d. Serena is not very unlikely.

·
Registered
15,270 Posts
In all honesty when it comes to the ROLAND GARROS. (i like that name) anybody can win on any given day and anybody can lose on any given day. My INSTINCTS say HENIN and VENUS.

My head says don't count out Serena, and logic says it's anyone's ballgame! Oops that was on ESPN today... I mean anyone's tennis trophy.:)

·
Registered
14,809 Posts
What I want to see:
Amelie vs. Justine
Vera vs. Kim

Justine vs Kim

What I will see:
Serena vs Justine
Venus vs. Kim

Justine vs Kim

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
I agree with John Except for the winner.

I think the semi's will be Serena vs Justine and Jennifer vs Kim, and the final will be Serena vs Kim, but the winner will be Serena I think...
I hope I'm wrong.

·
Registered
16,318 Posts
For sure Venus, Serena, Kim and Justine are the favorite semifinalists. I hope Venus wins :D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I agree with the semis but i think the FinaL could be capriati - Henin cos if Jen gets a big win over Veus I think she'll have the cinfidence against Kim.I say justine an serena would have a really tight match with juju coming through! cant wait!

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alex has little better chance of winning the RG title than Anna K. :eek:

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
I have a feeling that we will be crowning a NEW Grand Slam champion in 2 weeks time... She'll be from Western Europe, and 2/3 chance she'll speak French.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Hi everyone! I can't stay away at times like this!

MY PREDICTIONS:

Semifinals: Venus vs Clijsters, Momo vs Justine
Final: Venus vs Momo
Champion: Venus

I think Momo is due for a surprise and, this time, may go all the way to the final.

However, in final anlysis, I should side with Dawn concluding this is anyone's trophy.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts