Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
882 Posts
He could be right. I for one am waiting for Candna next week before i make on judgement on to who will win the US OPEN.
And by the way where the hell is MOMO

· Registered
8,954 Posts
no i would say venus is the favourite.

Reactions: VeNuS#1LoVa

· Banned
3,711 Posts
Ok,ok, if you were talking to me, I'll try not to bash Hardenne. I wouldn't pick her as the favorite, never, but I do think she is a contender. I still think when it comes down to it, the finals, the nerves, the Americans, Justine will not win. My pick is Venus, but that is out of hope. If she wins Toronto, I'd say she'll win it, but we'll have to see.

· Banned
3,711 Posts
BTW, I think Wertheim is the worst tennis analyst. He spends one year around the tur and thinks he knows everything. If I met him, I'd probably hit him.

· Registered
20,884 Posts
Doesn't this guy have an 0-3 record for picking Grand Slam winners for the women? If I am correct, he said that Kim would win the AO (Serena did), Kim would win the FO (Justine did) and Kim or Justine would win Wimbeldon ( Serena did). Now he is picking Justine to win the USO. This can only be good news for Venus because with the media attention off of her, she can concentrate on her game and quitely move through the draw. We know that Justine doesn't like the press and she definitely isn't going to like the added media spotlight once the USO rolls around. Plus we also know that Venus plays much better when she ranked lower than other top players.

· Registered
7,256 Posts
Venus is my personal favourite.

I'm also hoping that Monica is back and healthy and will be motivated to squeeze one more slam title out.

I wouldn't mind Kim getting her first slam at USO also.

I would rather Justine not win (to keep tennis exciting...since everyone seems to want different winners. :rolleyes: )

Reactions: selesfan

· Banned
237 Posts
:wavey: He also says that "it leaves an unpleasant taste in the mouth when the No. 1 ranking is only titular and most of us agree that, at this moment, three players are probably superior."

· Registered
1,052 Posts
lizchris said:
Doesn't this guy have an 0-3 record for picking Grand Slam winners for the women? If I am correct, he said that Kim would win the AO (Serena did), Kim would win the FO (Justine did) and Kim or Justine would win Wimbeldon ( Serena did). Now he is picking Justine to win the USO. This can only be good news for Venus because with the media attention off of her, she can concentrate on her game and quitely move through the draw. We know that Justine doesn't like the press and she definitely isn't going to like the added media spotlight once the USO rolls around. Plus we also know that Venus plays much better when she ranked lower than other top players.
lol, i take it this guy isnt a Williams fan then.

Anyway, Justine sure isnt the favourite for the US Open.

Venus is very obviously the favourite - ooohh, im so excited that Venus is gonna start collecting slams again!!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.