Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wertheim once again goes for a Gauff SF pick, after he already failed with it in AUS Open. He believes in a rematch of the final of WTA1000 Rome.

Then he proceeds to call the match "Samsonova vs Konstanic" a first round match to watch. He thinks that Samsonova is a dark horse (ok, that's reasonable) and that "Konstanic" was a 2021 surprise semifinalist in 2021 French Open. WTF? Not just is he confusing Kovinic with Konstanic, he is also confusing her with Zidansek who was the surprise semi-finalist last year. Does this guy even know anything about tennis?
Font Screenshot Number

He continues by calling Anisimova d. Osaka and Kalinina d. Keys "upsets specials". Has he watched any tennis yet this year? The upset would be if Osaka beats Anisimova, the seeded player and much more accomplished clay courter who already beat Osaka in a hard court slam this year.

His AUS Open 2022 SF/F predictions:
SF1 Barty d Gauff
SF2 Muguruza d Swiatek
F Muguruza d Barty
What actually happened: Gauff went out in R1, Muguruza went out in R2, and Barty actually won...

As usual, his predictions are on Sports Illustrated: Who are the favorites at the French Open? - Sports Illustrated

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
NO!!!! He picked 3 of the 4 I did... a kiss of death to my picks.

the 4th.. coin flip who comes out of that 4th quarter. Coco no better or worse than 5 or 6 others...

However I think it will be a surprise SF'r... would have gone for Jil if she was a 100% so went with the hot.. as in smokin' hot . and very healthy looking fraulein with the big hitting game. The French loves its surprises... it delivers here in all but the bottom line. Sort of an easy call in the finalists. He has definitely done worse picks.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
It's pretty obvious he doesn't know much about tennis

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He was right about Iga maybe she is protected against his curse.
"1. Iga Swiatek: The cover subject of “Domination Quarterly.” Undefeated since February. It’s hard to recall a time there was a clearer RG favorite on the women’s side."
"Seeds 17-32
Remove Swiatek and there are as many contenders 17-32 as there are 1-16"

He is really trying to kiss of death her though, just like he did Muguruza at AUS Open and then she flopped to Cornet in R2...

·
Rise up from ignorance
24,468 Posts
Who da hell is Konstanic? It's not like he even misspelled Kostanic Tosic's name? Hard to take this guy seriously if he doesn't bother getting the names right. Not even bothered checking who made SF here last year either? Professional journalism my ass :fiery:

Reactions: Randy

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is this that men who always make the wrong predictions? Anyway, Swiatek will win RG, that's the only security we have ;)
Some famous predictions of him:

In December 2020, he made predictions for 2021 year:
• This female player will finish 2021 ranked No. 1:
a. Ash Barty
b. Naomi Osaka
c. Iga Swiatek
d. Simona Halep
e. other

For French Open 2021, he predicted these SF (only predicted surprise correctly, Zidansek):
Barty d. Muguza
Sabalenka
d. total surprise
Final: Barty d. Sabalenka

For Wimbledon 2021, he predicted these SF (correctly predicted Barty and Sabalenka in SF, but wrong winner in SF2 and F):
Barty d. Serena
Sabalenka d. Kvitová
Final: Sabalenka d. Barty

For US Open 2021, he predicted these SF (only Sabalenka even made it):
Sabalenka d. Gauff
Barty d. Plišková
Final: Barty d. Sabalenka

For AUS Open 2022, he did this (Gauff and Muguruza lost R1/R2, and Barty won, which was the NID prediction):
Barty d. Gauff
Muguruza
d. Swiatek
Final: Muguruza d. Barty

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol. Also, Keys plays Kalinskaya, not Kalinina.
Wow I didn't even catch that... he can't even differentiate between Kalinskaya and Kalinina, who are from two completely opposed countries right now... (and one is playing MUCH better on clay this season so far than the other). I doubt he even knows Kalinskaya exists, and thought she is Kalinina hahaha.

·
Registered
11,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is the 3rd time in a row he is predicting Coco Gauff to make the semis (after US Open 2021, AUS Open 2022, now French Open 2022)...
What has Coco Gauff done so far:
US Open R1: vs Linette 5-7 6-3 6-4
US Open R2: vs Stephens 4-6 2-6
AUS Open R1: vs Q Wang 4-6 2-6

He seems to be obsessed with Gauff, since when did Gauff become a mental giant overperforming in Slams? Maybe another early 4-6 2-6 loss inc...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Not only did he mess up Kovinic's name, but 3 of his nine "dark horses" aren't even in the draw :facepalm:

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
Would Anisimova, a seed with a good reputation on clay, defeating Osaka really be an upset? I don't think it would.

Hasn't he picked Gauff to be a SFist in the last 3 slams now? He's gone to the Davenport school of shit predictions and clearly pays no little attention to the women's game by getting a number of things wrong.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts