5,213 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:)

Reactions: galadriel

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Tine! :) :wavey:

Where have you been? :confused: I saw lots of WTAworld-refugees everywhere the last few days - didn't see you, though, not even the tip of your nose.

Didn't you suffer? :eek:

Reactions: gentenaire

·
Registered
26,095 Posts
BigB08822 said:
I Want To Cry!
I did that already;) This is just awesome:bounce:

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Lynx said:

Where have you been? :confused: I saw lots of WTAworld-refugees everywhere the last few days - didn't see you, though, not even the tip of your nose.

I think I posted two message or so on another board, didn't have time for much else. I'm busy revising student projects and it's taking up all of my time. I had to correct two on Monday (because those students had the exam on Tuesday), ended up working till 3am. Tomorrow, the students at the beginning of the alphabet have to write the exam, that's two groups for me, I'm halfway through the first one.

·
Registered
33,292 Posts
:bounce: :worship: For who did give the board back :worship: :bounce:

Men's tennis is even better as before :worship:

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Beggin' Beguine said:
I think I posted two message or so on another board, didn't have time for much else. I'm busy revising student projects and it's taking up all of my time. I had to correct two on Monday (because those students had the exam on Tuesday), ended up working till 3am. Tomorrow, the students at the beginning of the alphabet have to write the exam, that's two groups for me, I'm halfway through the first one.
I see.

Poor you :sad: - coming back from vacation and immediately having to dive headfirst in your work... without any acclimatisation. (And without WTAworld running in the background! :eek: :eek: )

Well, I wish you strength :).

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
Lynx said:

I saw Tine, but i didn't saw you, on what boards were you?

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
And yeeeeeeeeeesssssssss it's back lol.
I'm really happy :bounce:

·
Registered
8,402 Posts
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: !!!!!

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Lynx said:
I see.

Poor you :sad: - coming back from vacation and immediately having to dive headfirst in your work... without any acclimatisation. (And without WTAworld running in the background! :eek: :eek: )

Well, I wish you strength :).
You should have heard what happened before I left for my holiday!

There are two main profs in this lab, one is my promotor, the other's the one teaching most of the classes. So the projects are done for the prof who's not my promotor. I knew I had to revise those projects, I had set out a few days before my holiday to do it, but my own prof kept on giving me work to finish before I left. Then, on Wednesday, the last day before my holiday, I had to defend myself in front of a jury to get my bursary prolonged (will know result today), so I had to make a presentation too. I was very upset on Monday, turned out that something I'd been working on for more than a week was wrong, it didn't hold up, and I had to throw it out of the paper I was writing. My prof wanted me to finish that paper (I was on version 11 at the time) so that I could show it on my presentation. Then I had to revise those works, I had to make a presentation, and all of it in one day! Not possible! I was worried I'd have to take those projects with me on holiday, didn't want to do that of course. In the end, I decided to check when what students would have to write the exam (the prof wanted to scores of the projects before seeing the students on the exam) on what day. I discovered that those at the end of the alphabet (the V's) had exam on Tuesday, found out that I have two groups with V students in it and decided to revise those on Monday, and do the others later. I didn't manage to finish the paper, I just took version 11 with me to the presentation.

Now, the presentation! That was a complete disaster. I had to announce myself at 12.30 in Brussels so I could start the presentation at 1pm. This meant that I had to take the train at about 11 in Leuven, too early to have lunch before that. Also, I was having a terrible cold (later realised that it wasn't a cold, just hayfever) so I had taken some cold medicine because I wanted it to be over by the time I'd fly out (was worried my ears would hurt too much during landing). Because of the med, I hadn't slept a wink, I was feeling woozy and dizzy, etc. I should have never taken that damn Sinutab.

I was the first one in the afternoon to do a presentation and apparently the morning sessions had taken longer than planned, so I had to wait quite a bit before I could do mine. It was about 2pm when I could start. It went pretty well, was able to answer the questions well. Then the dizzyness started coming back, combined with the heat, combined with the fact that I hadn't eaten yet, with the fact that I hadn't slept at all (and maybe the stress of the previous days) and that I had to stand the whole time....and whee...I fainted for the very first time in my life! I've never fainted before, why did it have to happen when I was defending myself in front a jury who gets to decide if they'll continue paying me for the next two years?!!! I was so embarassed! They were very kind to me, offered me all sorts of food and drinks, wanted to call for a doctor if I didn't feel any better soon, were worried I might faint again once I was out on the streets "and the pavement isn't as soft as the carpet here!", etc. But I was still so incredibly embarassed. I felt I'd made a fool of myself. Poor weak little thing! I wanted to be out of there as quickly as possible. It wasn't until the shock of what happened had subsided somewhat that I realised my hand was hurting quite a bit. I must have fallen on it when I fainted. I went to the doctor because I wanted to make sure it was nothing serious before I left on my trip. They took X-rays, nothing seemed broken, but they wanted to put my hand in plaster all the same! I told them I was going on a sailing holiday and that I didn't want my hand in plaster, no way!! In the end, they decided to tape my hand and see, if it still hurt too much, I had to return the next day and they'd put it in plaster. At home we looked for a better solution, I got a brace and wore that the entire time. It worked well. I could take it off to go swimming and also when I wasn't doing anything special. It hasn't completely healed now, but it's no longer hurting and I can do pretty much everything with it now.

It was such an awful day!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
30,466 Posts
:bounce: :worship: :D :bounce: :worship: :D :bounce: :worship: :D :bounce: :worship: :D :bounce: :worship: :D :bounce: :worship: :D :bounce: :worship: :D :bounce: :worship: :D :bounce: :worship: :D :bounce: :worship: :D

I'm am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy right now!!!!!!

Thank you soooooooooooooooo much for re-opening!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts