Martina&Roger <3
7,823 Posts
Kiki :sad:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
tennis_freak67 said:
How do you determine the winner of the Second group? Justine and Paola are tied both sets AND games.
They both have another match ,and they play each other so that will decide

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Venus leads Group A
Williams beats two ladies

Venus Williams whallops a backhand to Tatiana Golovin in their match in round robin play. Williams won in three sets.
Venus Williams started off her IWTT tour correctly after beating Tatiana Golovin from France 6-4,3-6,6-4 hitting 34 winners, 14 errors, 2 aces, and 1 double fault. Venus slammed Golovin's shakey forehand and trounced her return. Venus then played Na Li of China and won 7-6(3),3-6,6-3. Venus woke up in the third set when she realized she hit totally 50 errors to 44 winners. Venus backed up her service games with an ace in each one. Venus leads the group and has yet to face Shuai Peng and Elena Dementieva. Go Venus!

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Group 1 Results:
Venus Williams def. Peng Shuai 6-4,5-7,7-6(3)
Venus Williams def. Elena Dementieva 6-4,4-6,7-5
Na Li def. Peng Shuai 7-5,6-4
Tatiana Golovin def. Na Li 4-6,7-6(5),6-4
Elena Dementieva def. Tatiana Golovin 7-6(2),5-7,7-5
Na Li def. Elena Dementieva 6-4,7-5

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Group 1 Final Standings:
1)Venus Williams 4-0
2)Na Li 2-2
3)Peng Shuai 2-2
4)Tatiana Golovin 1-3
4)Elena Dementieva 1-3

Venus Williams and Na Li advance to semifinals

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Group 2 Results:
Serena Williams def. Karolina Sprem 4-6,6-3,6-4
Paola Suarez def. Justine Henin-Hardene 7-6(4),4-6,6-4

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Group 2 Final Standings:
1)Serena Williams 3-0
2)Paula Suarez 2-1
3)Justine Henin-Hardene 1-2
4)Karolina Sprem 0-3

Serena Williams and Paola Suarez advance

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Semi-Final Matchups:
Venus Williams vs. Paola Suarez
Serena Williams vs. Na Li

Semifinals to be played Tonight

·
Martina&Roger <3
7,823 Posts
Kiki sucks :rolleyes: :sad:

·
Team WTAworld
15,941 Posts
:rolleyes: Justine :rolleyes:

·
Team WTAworld
15,941 Posts
Justine Fails to Qualify

Justine failed to capitalize today.

Wellington - Justine Henin-Hardenne failed to qualify for the semifinals today in the Wellington Cup exhibition tournament.

In her debut on the IWTT Tour, Justine went 1-2 in the round robin format.

The first match started with victory for Justine, as she beat Croat Karolina Sprem 7-6(0) 6-4. The match was tough, with Justine choking during the first set with a 5-0 lead. She went on to win the set and the second set.

"I felt really good out there today. It was a nice way to start my tenure on this tour," said Justine after the match.

Shortly after that match, Justine took the court again to face off with long-time nemesis Serena Williams. Starting off strong, it looked as if she would easily beat the American, leading 6-4 5-0, but that's when Serena picked her game up and Justine's level tapered off. The final score showed that the American had the better fighting spirit, winning 4-6,7-6(0),6-4.

"I feel like I missed a huge opportunity there. I could've been 2-0 in the group. That was a tough match, for sure," said a clearly fatigued Justine.

The next day, clearly, Justine had nothing left in the tank. She faced off with Paola Suarez, and the winner of that match would advance to the semifinals. The match started off well for both players, but fatigue set on Justine as she ran out of gas in the end, with a final score of 7-6(4),4-6,6-4 for the Argentine.

"I was just too tired. Credit to Paola for staying fresh on the court out there," said Justine.

Sent home packing, Justine will have a few extra days to prepare for the next tournament, and, possibly dominate the tour. "I feel like this was a good test tournament to see how well I compare to the other players," said Justine. "I will definitely be back and fighting next week."

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Peng was so close!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,720 Posts
Na li rocks :D:D

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Semi Finals:
Paola Suarez def. Venus Williams 5-7,7-5,7-6(4)
Na Li def. Serena Williams 6-2,7-6(1)

Congrats Winners

Reactions: Cage

·
Registered
12,849 Posts
Na Li Trough To Final

Na li throught to the final after beating a form Sarena Williams today. She will be up against Paula Suarez in the final which will be played tomorrow. Li says she is ready and willing to take the title: " im playing good tennis at the moment and i feel i have the best start to the tour and i am hoping that i can go one more step and take the final"

Today Na Li beat the person who did acually beat Paula Suarez in the rounds. Does this make you any more confident na? " yes it does cause im sure i've learnt how to beat her if i can learn to play how sarena did so in repect to Paula Suarez im not going to say im defently going to win tho"

Well good luck to your Na and i hope you do your best and hopfully go to victory !​

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Final:
Na Li def. Paola Suarez 7-5,6-4

Congrats Na Li

·
Registered
12,849 Posts
Oh ma god na li wow :D:D:D:D bad luck paola

21 - 40 of 44 Posts