Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
Mauresmo -v- Justine could be a nice match.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Is this official?!

If it is ... This would be the worst day ever for me. First Venus pulls out, then this shuffling in the draw and no MoMo-JuJu final possible. GRRRR ...

Shouldn't they just replace Daniela with Venus and Daniela with the 33th seed. It seems more logical to me.

The hypothetical 4th round would be: Kim-Vera, Katarina-MoMo, Lindsay-Amanda, Conchita-Chanda, Jennifer-Elena D, Sugiyama-Daniela, Anastasia-Maggie, Elena B-Justine

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
when will the reshuffled draw be out?? is it out now?

when you post "cupcake" in a title thread.. i immediately need to go find one and eat one..

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Hantuchova 5th seed *dies with laughter*

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
RAA said:
when will the reshuffled draw be out?? is it out now?

when you post "cupcake" in a title thread.. i immediately need to go find one and eat one..
I have some chocolate cupcakes right here. Mmm. :drool:

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
so all the seeds are moved up a spot?the whole draw will be changed. who will jen and lindsay play?

·
Enemy of Art
14,038 Posts
This is what they SHOULD do, according to rules:

Move 5th seed Mauresmo into Venus' spot.
Move 9th seed Hantuchova into Mauresmo's spot.
Move 13th seed Zvonareva into Hantuchova's spot.
Move 17th seed Shaughnessy into Zvonareva's spot.
Move 25th seed Daniilidou into Shaughnessy's spot.
Make Srebotnik 33rd seed, and move her into Daniilidou's spot.

Whether they will or not is a different story, but this withdrawal is early enough for them to follow the rules.

·
Enemy of Art
14,038 Posts
All they are doing are putting the next seeded players in their respective seeding brackets had Venus never been there. It's very fair. Which means they probably won't do it. :rolleyes: Hantuchova would have been a Top 8 seed, so they move her to a Top 8 slot in the draw, and so on.

This would make Mauresmo the fourth-highest seeded player in the draw, so they give her a Top 4 slot. Which means she will be opposite Capriati in her quarter.

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
i just wanna know who is gonna face who now. so i can be prepared.

·
Registered
664 Posts
The likely scenario is to move the next highest ranked player into the draw as seed #33, that'd be Katerina Srebotnik. She would move into Venus' spot as seed #33, and a lucky loser would move into Katerina's spot in the maindraw. They don't reshuffle the entire draw, moving many players like that. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
roots said:
The likely scenario is move Katerina Srebotnik into Venus' spot as seed #33, and a lucky loser into Katerina's spot in the maindraw. They don't reshuffle the entire draw like that. Usually, only 1 player is placed into the draw. Am I wrong?
Yep, they only do that when someone pulls out very close to the start of the tourney.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
joaco - Actually, Justine has it easy to the final. Kim has Amelie, Lindsay, Chanda, etc. in her half. With Venus out, Justine just has an injured Capriati to contend with.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jenglisbe said:
joaco - Actually, Justine has it easy to the final. Kim has Amelie, Lindsay, Chanda, etc. in her half. With Venus out, Justine just has an injured Capriati to contend with.
Amelie will now be on Justine's side, and Hantuchova will now be Kim's QF matchup.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Knizzle - is that official? At Wimbledon they just moved in a 33rd seed...there was no real reshuffling.

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jenglisbe said:
Knizzle - is that official? At Wimbledon they just moved in a 33rd seed...there was no real reshuffling.
Shriver said that's what would happen, and also it's in the rules. When that happened at Wimby it was right before the tourney started right??

1 - 20 of 27 Posts