Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Impressive 2nd half performance from Clijsters. Hard luck to Amelie after playing so brilliantly to get there. Oh well, Amelie for Roland Garros I think so long as not too many tough matches!

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
:worship: Kim
Never thought she would win after trailing 6-3 2-0 :eek:

:bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
10,386 Posts
LOL...I love the irony of tennis...HOLLER

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Nice fighting win Kim. Not too much resistance from Amelie in the 3rd set...did anyone see it? What happened- Was Momo out of gas or was it Kim turning it up?

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Amelie :sad: :sad: :sad:
Better luck next time :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:
Congratulations Kim and her Fans :D

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Congrats Kim !! :)

Better luck next time Amelie! you had another great week !!! :bounce:

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Eurosport said Mauresmo got fatigued at the end of the second set and began to make more errors.

Someone said that Mauresmo's hamstring was bothering her.

I didn't see the match. I hope it was only fatigue. That was a tough emotional win for her yesterday.

Kim's optimistic, fighting spirit paid off this time.

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
xcrtbckhnd said:
Nice fighting win Kim. Not too much resistance from Amelie in the 3rd set...did anyone see it? What happened- Was Momo out of gas or was it Kim turning it up?
It seemed a bit of both, Kim was painting the lines and Momo seemed tired.

·
Team WTAworld, Administrator, aka Nibbler
5,919 Posts
Amélie needed treatment to her left thigh after the 2nd set. It didn't seem to bother her movement but obviously she lost her concentration somewhat. Hopefully she'll be fully fit for RG. Good luck Amélie! :)

Great fightback Kim! :)

·
Registered
654 Posts
congrats to Kim :)

·
Registered
13,089 Posts
Congrats Kim!!!!!!!!!

·
Spaghetti Warrior
6,944 Posts
squawk box said:
I hope Amelie's third set collapse was exhaustion due to a tough match yesterday and not another injury. :confused:
She had her leg strapped throughout the match but I don't think that was the reason she lost that third set...she just seemed to lost motivation after losing that second set....her body language wasn't all that anymore...she had one chance in the third...when a break down she had one point for a rebreak...but when she lost that one she gave up. She was exhausted I guess...once 3-0 there was no match anymore....Kim played excellent, had a lot of confidence...but got a lot help from Amelie at the end ;) Very exciting two sets though :)

From what I've seen...no need to worry...I don't think Amelie is badly injured...she just needs to rest after a tough week :)

Congrats Kimmie :worship: O M G You're great :D:D:D You keep amazing me :kiss: Good luck in Paris!!

·
Registered
24,846 Posts
momo should have won :( ;)
third time wasn't the charm in this case :sad:
c'mon 6irl :bounce:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Congratulations Kimmie, such a fighting spirit. I thought it was over when Momo was leading 6-5 30-0 but you proved me wrong.

Also congrats to Mauresmo, it was a great week for her :)

I must admit I kinda expected this win. Whenever Kim wins a title, Justine wins one and when Justine wins one, Kim wins one too. Last week Justine won her second Tier I, this week Kim wins her second Tier I.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
they motivate each other?:)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts