61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,980 Posts

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Yes. Congratulation.
Every time a non-pusher enters the Top-10, it's good news.
Andreescu strikes from both sides with excellent angle. She can drop-shot, volley and doesn't rent a tent behind the baseline like many pushers. The girl plays smart tennis.
Welcome to the Top-10, indeed !!!!!!!!!!
I agree and let me add that has the tenacity and mental strength to win the big points, as if she's a 5x Grand Slam champion. Her desire to win means pushing her body beyond the level of punishment and at her young age, she is cashing checks that her body cannot cash.

Her style of play reminds me of a bit like Marion Bartoli, but more talented. She is fun to watch because she is playing chess, while other players are playing checkers. This is almost unheard of from a player, who is playing her first full season on the WTA tour and has a 44-5 record, winning 3 tournaments, and an opportunity to win a Grand Slam.

·
Registered
27,031 Posts
Well deserved. I really hope she wins the USO now to cement her status as the one to beat in the coming years. She has the game and the mentality to really dominate the tour but will she do it though...

·
Registered
97 Posts
She won Indian Wells, the Rogers Cup, made the US Open Final, and broke into the top 10.
What I meant that her body was so beautifully fit in the pics back then (when was that?) and now her body has changed since then. Was she eating more and stopped lifting weights? I don’t know.... I trust she will be fitter next year with her best team working with her during offseason. I love her to death and her exciting game. Will be glued to TV from start to the end, regardless. Her first grand slam final match will be always remembered for many years to come! She will win multiple grand slam titles starting next year if it is not today.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Holly cow, I just realised she will pass Simona in the rankings :eek: Thats amazing. I wonder if Simona might get a bit jealous here with Bianca receiving so much attention from the romanian media... I bet she didn't expect another romanian bursting on the scene so surprisingly...

61 - 70 of 70 Posts