Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
Extremely well-deserved.

If only she wasn't injured for the clay swing, she'd probably be in contention for top 3 by the end of the year (and maybe still is). Simply incredible stuff.

Her game is such a joy to watch.
yep...if she wins US Open,she will be 3rd in Race to Shenzhen, with only 40 points behind Halep (who'll be in 2nd place) and 700 points behind Ash (who will be leading the pack)...if she wins US Open, then I'd say has a small chance to end year as No1...won't be easy but certainly possible.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
She has become one of my faves now.
Has a great mental strength and a lovely personality.

I can see her winning the whole tournament, but I don't want to jinx her so forget I said this. LOL

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
And she did THAT playing just 9 tournaments, all by herself with just one WC received. :worship:
That ONE wildcard she received (I believe only her second ever outside Canada: Citi Open 2017) and she went on to win the Indian Wells final... first ever WC to do so...

Roughly 4 months off with injury, missed the entire grass season with injury and all but one Roland Garros match (win and then pulling out with injury)...

Just a phenomenal season so far.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Another breakout season, now fight the sophomore year.
The thing that will make this easier is that her points are really spread out and not just in a few tournaments, or all in one part of the year...

She could lose every match she plays next season past Wimbledon and still be in the top 20 next year...

But she has Doha, Dubai, Miami, Rome, Madrid, RG, Wimbledon, and more to get massive points next season...

·
Registered
9,511 Posts
If Bianca wasn't injured for 4 months, she could have ended this year in top3
it's closer to 3 months I thinks
It can give an edge to a player who got a rest period for an injury while the top players keep working to exhaustion. You come back fresh and you're hungry. I think that was one reason Sloane Stephens won USO 2017, after being sidelined for 6 months.

·
Registered
16,759 Posts
It can give an edge to a player who got a rest period for an injury while the top players keep working to exhaustion. You come back fresh and you're hungry. I think that was one reason Sloane Stephens won USO 2017, after being sidelined for 6 months.
So is Coco Vandeweghe next?

·
Banned
23,797 Posts
Exactly, even Fed would be great for the grass season when he would erm, take his usual Clay court season vacation :eek:h:

But now I think he can't do that once he signed the massive UniQlo deal...

:lol:

·
Registered
21,716 Posts
She is just getting warmed up, so refreshing for the WTA.

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
And then she is flamed out Age 22 or 23. The Hype around her particularly in Canada is similar to Bouchard in 2014. Not good!
how can you watch both of them play and still compare them? Their playing styles are so so different.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
And then she is flamed out Age 22 or 23. The Hype around her particularly in Canada is similar to Bouchard in 2014. Not good!
Bouchard was a one-dimensional ball basher who had one successful year due to the element of surprise. Her "hit it hard and hit it harder" game had diminishing returns once the rest of the WTA acclimatized to her style and she wasn't well-rounded enough to change her game or shore up her weaknesses. Also: She got distracted by modelling gigs and Instagram infamy.

Bianca has literally none of those qualities and she has zero interest in that career trajectory (though her mom might).

I don't know how you could possibly compare the two.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I hope you're right. I like her :)
I appreciate you liking her. :) I absolutely love her as a person and a player! It is not about looks. Her game is a beauty to watch especially when she is down, she comes back with fire, power and some veins to show what true champions likes Serena, Steffi, two Martina’s, Justine, so on..

She doesn’t need 15 or 18 tournaments to stay in top 5. She only needs to win 1-2 grand slams and 3 mandatory premier ones to stay with top players every year. ;) I definitely can see her winning 10 grand slams or even more fitness wise when her career is over but she won’t match Serena’s numbers..(I hope she will eat my words if it happens! Lol).

·
Premium Member
Bianca Andreescu, Iga Swiatek
5,201 Posts
Bouchard was a one-dimensional ball basher who had one successful year due to the element of surprise. Her "hit it hard and hit it harder" game had diminishing returns once the rest of the WTA acclimatized to her style and she wasn't well-rounded enough to change her game or shore up her weaknesses. Also: She got distracted by modelling gigs and Instagram infamy.

Bianca has literally none of those qualities and she has zero interest in that career trajectory (though her mom might).

I don't know how you could possibly compare the two.
I'm not comparing the Game of those two. I compare the Hype and that looks pretty similar to 2014 which was very unhealthy. Canadian Sports Journalists like Tebbutt, Caroline Cameron, Arash Madani, Bob Bettnauer really have learned nothing here it seems. They need to give the girl some space!

21 - 40 of 70 Posts