Tennis Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
26,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think it's amazing that so many tennis-players in the world, no matter how good or bad, have totally unique service motions. I have really seen the weirdest serves at my local club or at regional tournaments/league competitions. :eek:

Some do really strange twists and turns, others swing their racket around, jump forward or grunt loudly so that you really expect something BIG, but then they let off the weakest serve ever seen, which they could have easily achieved by just standing there and putting the ball over the net. :lol:
And almost everyone is foot-faulting. Some do it only just, others do several steps into the court because their toss has been so bad. :eek:

Has anyone else had similar experiences ?

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Too many to mention!!! :lol: :haha: There is this one guy at my club who takes like 6 steps into the court (foot faulting like I have never seen) to hit his fucked up toss--- on every serve... he must be really :cuckoo:

I just love the people who grunt like they are taking a BIG shit, but then send over the slowest, weakest serve you have ever seen Every time I am :haha:

·
Registered
17,738 Posts
I have to say me! I have four diffrent serves, which I use for deuce, and ad courts, on first and second serve.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
5,857 Posts
Different players having different motions is understandable. What's worrying is that my motion is unique on every serve I hit. Maybe that's why they never land in the same place twice (except for my side of the net, and the opponent's baseline).

·
Spaghetti Warrior
6,739 Posts
Hehe...:devil: watching local club tennis is very satisfying indeed ;)
The strangest motions combined with the loudest grunts...immense footfaults indeed...an incredible weak shot....falls just behind the net...opponent runs forward, stumbling ;)..can't reach it...and the one who served yells "ACE!!Hahaaaaa :devil: I hit an Ace! How about that :p"
The opponent, still embarassed because of his not very elegant and totaly useless run, tries to make up for that by calling it "a good serve". He then moves to the other side of the court for his next return and stands 10 centimetres behind the serviceline, waiting in full concentration, ready to return as high above the net as possible ;):drool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.