Tennis Forum banner
141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Doubles-SF

A.Harkleroad/A.Radwanska (1) def. T.Paszek/A.Rodionova (WC) 0-6 7-6(3) 7-6(1)

Great Match, But Unfortunatly Numbers One took out the Busty/Bitchy Team :p

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Doubles-SF

K.Clijsters/S.Karatancheva def. A.Ivanovic/J.Jankovic 6-0 7-5

·
Registered
5,753 Posts

AO DOUBLES_FIRST ROUND

A.Harkleroad/A.Radwanska (1) Bye
J.Dokic/M.Hingis (WC) def. A.Chakvetadze/T.Tanasugarn 7-6(1) 7-6(7)
M.Chakhnashvili/V.Zvonareva def. N.Llagostera Vives/A.Szavay 0-6 6-1 6-3
T.Paszek/A.Rodionova (WC) def. S.Stosur/P.Suarez (4) 6-0 0-6 6-0

E.Dementieva/M.Kirilenko (3) Bye
K.Clijsters/S.Karatancheva def. L.Davenport/M.Navratilova (GM's) 6-0 6-4
J.Jankovic/A.Ivanovic def. A.Myskina/S.Williams 5-7 7-5 7-6(2)
T.Golovin/J.Moore (2) Bye

AO DOUBLES-QF

A.Harkleroad/A.Radwanska (1) def. J.Dokic/M.Hingis (WC) 0-6 7-6(3) 6-0
Paszek/A.Rodionova (WC) def. M.Chakhnashvili/V.Zvonareva 6-0 0-6 6-0

K.Clijsters/S.Karatancheva def. E.Dementieva/M.Kirilenko (3) 6-2 7-6(0)
J.Jankovic/A.Ivanovic def. T.Golovin/J.Moore (2) 0-6 6-0 6-4

AO DOUBLES-SF

A.Harkleroad/A.Radwanska (1) def. Paszek/A.Rodionova (WC) 0-6 7-6(3) 7-6(1)

K.Clijsters/S.Karatancheva def. J.Jankovic/A.Ivanovic 6-0 7-5

AO DOUBLES-Final

A.Harkleroad/A.Radwanska (1) vs K.Clijsters/S.Karatancheva

·
Registered
85,274 Posts
Jankovic Edges Williams,Reaches Semifinals

Fourth seed Jelena Jankovic downed American player Serena Williams to advance to her third successive semifinal.This was their first meeting together and both showed much determination to win the match.Jankovic won 6-0,1-6,7-6(7).

It looked to be a one-sided match when the Serbian raced to claim the first set without breaking much sweat but Williams gained her momentum and almost took control fully in the second set.It was a nail-biting decisive set in which both players were neck to neck to one another.Both players played some high quality tennis and neither one of them got broken.It was not until at the end of the tiebreak where the American player made her move first to get her first match point.Despite of that,she failed to close it out as she made a return error.Jankovic took advantage of it and hit a forehand winner after serving an ace to end the match.

"It's a very good match I think.I expected a tough match but it's tougher than I expected definitely.She was just playing crazy tennis(laugh).She wasn't here on the court in the first set I assume.Then she found her way here and blasted the ball towards me and I was like "Hey,can you slow down a little?".But I was really hoping to get as far as possible in this major event.I'd like to see how is my limitation and I proved myself that I can do it with this victory today.I actually hope this is the final as I know she's also a very good player.It's just that she lacks of luck sometimes.I believe she'll be on top someday.Anyway,I'm very thrilled with my achievement thus far.Three events and three semis.I couldn't ask for me although I have lost twice in that stage already.I really hope I'm able to get my breakthrough here.We'll see how it will go tomorrow."says Jankovic.

She will face compatriot Ana Ivanovic in the semifinal.Ivanovic upset the first seed Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland in the second round and defeated qualifier Martina Hingis in the quarterfinal just now.Jankovic comments on her next match:"Well,it's great to see Ana here and I'm going to play her!"It's such a proud moment for our country and at least one of us are guaranteed a spot for Serbia in the final.Whatever the outcome is,I just one the winner will eventually win it all in the end.I know Ana since we were young and she didn't play as well as I expected in the last 2 events but she defied all the odds and even beat Agnieszka to reach this far and I'm so happy for her.Anyway,may the best wins!"

·
Registered
85,274 Posts
Jankovic Edges Williams,Reaches Semifinals

Fourth seed Jelena Jankovic downed American player Serena Williams to advance to her third successive semifinal.This was their first meeting together and both showed much determination to win the match.Jankovic won 6-0,1-6,7-6(7).

It looked to be a one-sided match when the Serbian raced to claim the first set without breaking much sweat but Williams gained her momentum and almost took control fully in the second set.It was a nail-biting decisive set in which both players were neck to neck to one another.Both players played some high quality tennis and neither one of them got broken.It was not until at the end of the tiebreak where the American player made her move first to get her first match point.Despite of that,she failed to close it out as she made a return error.Jankovic took advantage of it and hit a forehand winner after serving an ace to end the match.

"It's a very good match I think.I expected a tough match but it's tougher than I expected definitely.She was just playing crazy tennis(laugh).She wasn't here on the court in the first set I assume.Then she found her way here and blasted the ball towards me and I was like "Hey,can you slow down a little?".But I was really hoping to get as far as possible in this major event.I'd like to see how is my limitation and I proved myself that I can do it with this victory today.I actually hope this is the final as I know she's also a very good player.It's just that she lacks of luck sometimes.I believe she'll be on top someday.Anyway,I'm very thrilled with my achievement thus far.Three events and three semis.I couldn't ask for me although I have lost twice in that stage already.I really hope I'm able to get my breakthrough here.We'll see how it will go tomorrow."says Jankovic.

She will face compatriot Ana Ivanovic in the semifinal.Ivanovic upset the first seed Agnieszka Radwanska of Poland in the second round and defeated qualifier Martina Hingis in the quarterfinal just now.Jankovic comments on her next match:"Well,it's great to see Ana here and I'm going to play her!"It's such a proud moment for our country and at least one of us are guaranteed a spot for Serbia in the final.Whatever the outcome is,I just one the winner will eventually win it all in the end.I know Ana since we were young and she didn't play as well as I expected in the last 2 events but she defied all the odds and even beat Agnieszka to reach this far and I'm so happy for her.Anyway,may the best wins!"

·
Registered
5,753 Posts
Doubles-FINAL

K.Clijsters/S.Karatancheva def. A.Harkleroad/A.Radwanska (1) 6-2 6-0

Kim and Sesil really wanted this title, and they won, and without loosing a set :eek:

141 - 160 of 177 Posts