·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Czink/???

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:umbrella: WTA Tour: The Game Recently Caught Up With Rising Star Shahar Peer (Sha-ha Pay-ear) Practicing In Melbourne :umbrella:

Peer last week in her defeat over seeded Tatiana Golovin.

Interviewer - Who were your tennis idols when you were joined the tour?
Shahar - Probably Marrero or Henin-Hardenne. And its sort of ironic I am playing doubles with Marta now and Ive already played Justine(laughs).

Interviewer - What are your goals for this season?
Shahar - I want to win a Grand Slam, but with the competition out there it is going to be very hard. And maybe 2-3 other titles. I just want to make a presence on the tour that I am serious about this game.

Interviewer - How did you feel last week?
Shahar - It was a great week. I mean I won my first match, which was a surprise, but then over Golovin I was totally star-struck. She is an amazing player and I have no idea how I won. Then I played Justine. I came out awesome and won the first set, but it is not always easy playing your idol. She just faught even when she was down, and that was amazing.

Interviewer - What are your goals for this tournament?
Shahar - I always go into a tournament wanting to win, so definelty my goal is to win. Now back to reality, atleast a quarter-final. And in doubles atleast a semi-final. But Marta and I are good together in practice, so maybe farther.

Interviewer - Do you want to be #1?
Shahar - Of course, I mean it doesnt have to happen right away because I hate the hype, like when I play juniors, but I wont stop until I am #1.

Interviewer - What tournament do you want the most?
Shahar - The WUJS Open. It is where my coach is from, and they have some of the best facilities in all of Israel. It is a hott town so hopefully people will come(laughs).

Interviewer - Well thats all the time we have, thank you Shahar, and good luck.
Shahar - Thanks, no problem.

·
Registered
12,510 Posts
Daniela & Casey hope to get to the final.. and actually win this one! ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts