2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
All events are hardcourt events. Weeks 1-3 and 7-8 are on Hardcourts

Weeks 4-6 and 9-10 are Variety courts.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jill has 95 and Ana has 80, but Im about to do results.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zonals Day One

Paris

Bethanie Mattek def. Ana Ivanovic 6-4,7-6(6)
Mathilde Johansson def. Olga Poutchkova 7-6(3),0-6,6-0

Pattaya City

Jill Craybas def. Maria Sharapova 6-0,0-6,7-6(4)
Virginie Razzano def. Madison Brengle 6-3,5-7,7-6(2)

Bangalore

Jie Zheng def. Dominika Cibulkova 2-6,7-5,6-3
Tatiana Golovin def. Ai Sugiyama 0-6,6-0,6-3

Midland

Ashley Harkleroad def. Anastasia Myskina 7-6(5),6-4
Anna Chakvetadze def. Elena Dementieva 6-0,0-6,7-6(6)

Virginie Razzano played an epic match against young American Madison Brenlge in Pattaya City today. Virginie got up a break in the first set and held onto it, but almost all the game were held easily by the server. It was the same in the second until 5-5, when Madison got the break and closed out her set. In the third set Madison really had her chances going up 1-4, but Virginie was able to get into a tiebreak and from there just crushed Brengle. Congrats Virginie Razzano on your debut.

Congrats to all others winners too and good luck tomorrow.​

·
Registered
8,163 Posts
Newcomers Advance!

Bangalore, India-- Beginning her campaign to move up from the Zonal events on the W.I.F.C.T Tatiana Golovin defeated Ai Sugiyama 0-6 6-0 6-3 in the Indian city of Bangalore. The young Frenchwoman playing in her first event on the tour, made a horrible and nervous start to the match but managed to regain her composure to take the next two sets rather easily. “It’s my first match, so of course I was going to be nervous. All that matters is that I won and I’m very happy with that. I missed last week because of Injury and luckily I have recovered well from that. I’m just excited for my next match.”

Midland, USA-- Also playing her first match was Golovin’s practise partner Anna Chakvetadze, the Russian beat fellow countrywoma Elena Dementieva 6-0 0-6 7-6 at a different tournament in Midland. Also missing the start of the season with injury like Golovin, unfortunately wasn’t as lucky as Golovin during her match calling for the trainner of numerous occasions. “It was tough for me. Going out there I wasn’t really nervous and after taking the first set I just started to feel really bad, I could feel my knee acting up and had to call for the trainer. I still played on and managed to take it on a tiebreak. I’m going to rest up and not practise before my next match and just see how it feels before my match.”​

1 - 12 of 12 Posts