Tennis Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I will do some results now. I have been having computer problem lately which is inexcusable. Sorry I couldn't contact you through anyone

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
TomTennis said:
Can Lindsay Davenport play here??????

(is so.....Venus do you want to partner Lindsay?)
Lindsay is welcome to play. I will fix you in the draw somehow in a minute :)

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

A. Ivanovic
def. A. Chakvetadze
6-2 6-2
Ana looked cool, on court today due to a delay. She hit the ball solidly and at lots of angles to make her Russian Opponent run. Anna C should question her fitness more, she looked out of sorts today and really struggled and will need to improve alot more to get some wins on tour.​

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

I. Benesova
def. N. Li
6-3 4-6 6-1
A match today with the new comer Benesova. Iveta played a confident game, hitting hard from the baseline and charging at the net occasionally to gain some important points and take the first set comfortably 6-3. Set 2, saw them have a break and Na Li of China hit with a vengeance to win 6-4. On the last and final set, Iveta crushed an exhausted looking Li 6-1 to gain a good win on tour.​

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

L. Davenport
def. J. Kostanic
7-6 (2) 7-6 (4)
Last week, Jelena was so painfully close to winning her first round match against Venus Williams holding a comfortable final set lead of 4-1 to gain the reputation as the tours choker. Today she looked nervous and didn't hit well against the newcomer Davenport. She occasionally looked at her coach in the stand for support and seemed lost out on the court today. Davenport played a good all-court game and she joined a selection of newcomers in winning their match today.​

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #30

S. Perry
def. T. Tanasugarn
7-6 (5) 6-1 (4)
The american all courter Perry impressed in great fashion today. She iproved alot of last week against newcomer Tanasugarn. She was impressive off both wings and served well so the name Shenay Perry could be a name heard deeper in this tournament.​

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yay Mirage is back!!! Good luck Hant against Benesova!

·
Banned
7,113 Posts
Yey! Davenport wins opener!

Now lets take down the fourth seed!!!!

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Doubles Draw out

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

P. Suarez
def. A. Ivanovic
7-6 (1) 6-1
The Tours world number 1 faced a big first round scare today against Ana Ivanovic of Serbia and Montenegro. The First set was according to plan with Suarez owning a big 5-2 lead but blew it to take it to tiebreak. The World number 1 then pinched herself and flew past the tiebreak with the loss of only one point and the final set with a loss of only one game.​

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

H. El Tabakh
def. T. Sun
6-2 3-6 6-3
Both players suffered a first round loss last week so needed to win a match to establish themselves on tour. Heidi looked a lot cooler today in the overwhelmingly hot weather and played a neat and tidy game to win in 3 sets which had tension in.​

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

I. Benesova
def. D. Hantuchova
1-6 7-5 6-3
What a fun match this was to watch. Iveta increases her win loss record to 2:0 now in this match. Daniela shouldn't be disgraced. She is a tough competitor to beat and has always been beaten in 3 sets although she has always thrown away her chances in her losses Daniela played well considering. Look out for Ms. Benesova floating around now. She will be a danger to alot of players.​

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

L. Davenport
def. F. Pennetta
7-5 7-5
This tour now looks as though it can only get more talented today with the talent of another new talent Lindsay Davenport reaching the Quarter Finals upsetting the 4th seed. Her game of power played well against Flavia's weaknesses and upset her in this good match. Now Lindsay Davenport versus Iveta Benesova will be a good game.​

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Some other results as I am going out in a few minutes so there will be no descriptions.

S. Williams
def. E. Dementieva
6-4 3-6 6-2

M. Sharapova
def. A. Kapros
6-2 6-4

A. Myskina
def. S. Perry
6-4 4-6 8-6 :eek:

S. Peng
def. V. Williams
2-6 7-6 6-3 :​