·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
49,763 Posts
:( virginia

·
Team WTAworld, Moderator - Games
33,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It already happened earlier this season, but it's very surprising to see Paola not playing with Virginia the week before the French Open.

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
I was trying to figure that out, and I would assume it's because it's a tier III.

Vivi probably wanted some time off (she IS at the same tournament) and they mutually decided it, would be my guess. Also, Paola's playing with a lower ranked Argentine, so I would assume that she's trying to help her country and have some fun at a not so prestigous event. Likewise, Ruano-Pascual/Suarez, as the #1 team currently, would look ridiculous compared to the other teams, considering the #1 seed now isn't even ranked combined in the top 50 - and the #2, #3, and #4 seeds all lost today.

I was trying to figure out, and that's what I came up with, don't know if it's true or not though ;)

·
33,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyway, Paola has reached the quarterfinals and I suppose that will be enough for this week's height. :)

Likhovtseva won her first round too. :)

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
I don't think so, because it's a tier III and the points are minimal, but I'm pulling for it :)

Hopefully she'll make the final and it won't be a problem ;)

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
DoctorG said:
Anyway, Paola has reached the quarterfinals and I suppose that will be enough for this week's height. :)

Likhovtseva won her first round too. :)
And she's in the Semifinals ;)

·
33,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually, according to Tennis Corner, Paola has collected only 59 points with her semifinal. :eek:

·
33,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bovina, Stubbs and Likhovtseva lost in the quarters, while Suarez in the semis for w.o...

If the totals at tennicorner.net are correct, it's a mistake for all of them. :eek:

·
Registered
8,179 Posts
DoctorG said:
Bovina, Stubbs and Likhovtseva lost in the quarters, while Suarez in the semis for w.o...

If the totals at tennicorner.net are correct, it's a mistake for all of them. :eek:
:eek:

At least I keep the lead then :p

·
33,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
TENNIS POLE VAULT - WEEK #13

Crossbar height: 65

59 - Paola Suarez - Mikey
31 - Elena Likhovtseva - Lubidani
30 - Elena Bovina - ASV
30 - Rennae Stubbs - Charmbracelet-Lucic

The official ranking confirms we have four failures this week. :sad:

It’s a mistake for Stubbs and Bovina, while Suarez and Likhovtseva are able to cancel the failure with a bonus.

And Paola gets the bonus back as she still leads. ;)

Thank you, good luck! :wavey:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts