·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Good luck Marta and Hant!

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
In the important message thread I have made a note which says that I will do the results after the funeral today. Thank you for your sympathy. There will be no doubles here because this has been held back slightly because of that so I will keep your same teams for the next tournament.

·
Banned
181 Posts
welcome back Mirage, don't worry about not doing doubles I can't wait for the next tournament

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #67

M. Domachowska
def. F. Pennetta
4-6 6-3 6-4

After a big rain break spanning just under a week, Play resumed in Krakow with the crowd cheering for their favourite. Marta looked tired in the first set and was down at the score of 2-5 but won 2 games and got on track in the third set, playing a lot of slices and serving well and Pennetta looked a bit exhausted. The final and third set was even closer and Flavia ran down all the shots fired by Domachowska. Finally though, Marta won 4-6 6-3 6-4 and will now play either Paola Suarez who has looked in brilliant condition through the tournament or Serena Williams who has looked equally as dominant. Marta reaches the final in 3 sets in all matches!​

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

P. Suarez
def. S. Williams
6-2 6-2

This match humiliated Serena! From early on Paola took a clear lead and stamped an authority over the match which Serena didn't look too happy about. Serena often screamed and took her anger out at the umpire, arguing at him but that was no use as the score reflected a thrashing 6-2 6-2

Domachowska Suarez final​

·
Banned
4,117 Posts
yay Marta in final!

Mirage, please can I change to Shuai Peng next tournament or for the final?

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
of course, you can be Shuai for the final since now I know how you feel with all my TST Changes!

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Their Road to the final

Shuai Peng

First Round: def. H. El Tabakh 6-1 3-6 6-4
Quarter Finals: def. D. Hantuchova 6-4 5-7 6-4
Semi Finals: def. F. Pennetta 4-6 6-3 6-4

Paola Suarez

First Round: def. T. Sun 6-3 6-4
Quarter Finals: def. E. Dementieva 7-5 6-4
Semi Finals: def. S. Williams 6-2 6-2​

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Yay, Hant pushed Marta da most!

·
Registered
34,574 Posts
Suarez stomps Serena and Advances to Final!

Argentine Paola Suarez has advanced to the final of the St. John Paul II Memorial Championships, with a 62 62 win over Serena Williams. Suarez said she wasn't nervous at all, and went out firing, like she had been doing in all her previous matches. "I knew that she would be tough and I had to play good tennis to beat her. I am really happy to be in the final, and especially when I know that I am playing some good tennis and not winning w/o's! I haven't lost a set yet but i think that might change against Shuai (Peng) tomorrow, who is probably the favourite because she is a very dangerous player. It should be an interesting match and I hope that I pull through!"

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
The Winner Is:

P. Suarez
def. S. Peng
6-3 6-3

Once again from our Argentinian player, she stamped an authority in this match against the Exhausted Chinese Shuai Peng. Paola has not ever dropped a set yet while Peng has never had a straight sets match. This factor couldn't have made a more compelling final we all hoped. But alas it was not true, Shuai had a break early on but Paola kept hitting like a pro and taking it 6-3. Shuai was playing alot of finesse shots but Paola was a lot stronger then her in finesse shots and a lot more. On set 2, Shuai tried fighting because she knew she had a chance because she sometimes lost the first set but it was not meant to be today as our first ever champion is Paola Suarez.

·
Banned
4,117 Posts
ouch Shuai got thrashed. I am gonna change my points for next week

·
Registered
34,574 Posts
:D :eek: :D Wow I honestly cannot believe that Paola won!! Great job Paola! Amazing tennis, congratulations! :D :aparty: Congrats to Shuai for reaching the final :yeah:

Thanks a lot Mirage! :hug: :D :hug:

61 - 76 of 76 Posts