Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
13,087 Posts
Sharapova gunned out by fellow Russian.

Sharapova was proven too strong, crashing out to Elena Dementieva.

Maria Sharapova vs. Elena Dementieva. The match had it all; the glamour, the style and the physique. Twenty-four year old Elena Dementieva was too strong for her Russian opponent, taking her out in style 6:2, 7:6.​

"Actually I am disappointed with this performance. I know I can do better, and I want to do better. My goal is to be number one, and if I continue these results I will get nowhere. I am very much looking forward to partnering Flavia in the double, she was very nice about it to me and I think we make a very good team".​

·
Registered
26,220 Posts
:woohoo: Venus came back from 4-1 down in the 2nd set to win in three :woohoo:

I knew my points weren't that good, need to change them for next week to get easier wins!

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Today I am going do results now for the following matches and I will make the doubles Draw

Flavia Pennetta vs Anastasia Myskina
D. Hantuchova vs M. Domachowksa
S. Williams vs V. Williams
P. Suarez vs E. Dementieva

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
F. Pennetta
def. A. Myskina
6-4 5-7 6-3​
This was the first match of the day and an exciting one. Myskina is a good player who will be able to get some wins but Pennetta has the kind of points which can beat Myskina's game. Pennetta used her speed alot to help her get around the court and overpowered Myskina today. What Myskina lacked in strength and speed she made up for it with her finesse and recieved better then Penetta today. It was a good match from both players and the most exciting one seen so far on this game. Keep up the good work both players.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
M. Domachowska
def. D. Hantuchova
6-4 5-7 6-4​
This match was similar to the one we just had with scorelines but was totally different. Daniela played very agressivly throughout and was much stronger then her opponent with a better serve and groundstrokes. Marta was a more finessy player with a better level of stamina, and alot quicker then her opponent. It was very exciting as was the last match because the scores were so close but Marta was hungrier for the win more, maybe because it is in her home country she is currently playing in. After a long match, the girls who are doubles partners hugged eachother at the next looking exhausted.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
S. Williams
def. V. Williams
6-3 6-1​
This match was going to be good with it being an all Williams Sisters Show-Down and those are always good matches right? Clearly not as was shown today as Venus made countless unforced errors and played lackadaisically in this one sided affair. Little Sis embarassed her by not even letting her win many games and being a lot better then Venus in nearly every category! Serena could certainly go far in this tournament if she plays like this today.

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
P. Suarez
def. E. Dementieva
7-5 6-4​
I was impressed by both these players yesterday and they both certainly did not disapoint in this adrenaline raising exciting two-setter. Suarez looked disinterested at first and let her opponent have a 5-2 lead on the first set but Paola won the next 5 games fighting for them hard and well to take the first set. On set 2, Paola dominated and broke her opponent at an early stage to take the match. With Paola serving well tomorrow, Williams vs Suarez could be a good match tomorrow.

·
Registered
13,087 Posts
Mirage said:

F. Pennetta
def. A. Myskina
6-4 5-7 6-3​

This was the first match of the day and an exciting one. Myskina is a good player who will be able to get some wins but Pennetta has the kind of points which can beat Myskina's game. Pennetta used her speed alot to help her get around the court and overpowered Myskina today. What Myskina lacked in strength and speed she made up for it with her finesse and recieved better then Penetta today. It was a good match from both players and the most exciting one seen so far on this game. Keep up the good work both players.
:yeah:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Bad luck Hant, Marta had the support of the home crowd. Hopefully she will have it again in our doubles!!!

·
Banned
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Iveta can play the doubles if you wish. I will make the draw later then for some more pairs to pair up

·
Banned
4,117 Posts
excellent win Marta!

·
Banned
4,117 Posts
Marta makes Semi Finals

Krakow, Poland - Marta Domchowska is having a storming run in her home country Poland at the John Paul II memorial Championships. She has reached the semi finals in two very tough three-setters. First was Egyptian sensation Heidi El Tabakh who was beaten 6-1 3-6 6-4 in a plucky and gritty display by Domchowska. The quarter final opponent was her best friend, Daniela Hantuchova who once again prevailed in three tough sets 6-4 5-7 6-4. The next opponent is Flavia Pennetta the Italian who has reached the semi finals with wins over Shenay Perry (7-6(4) 6-3) and Anastasia Myskina (6-4 5-7 6-3) This week was excellent for the polish player and win or lose tomorrow, Marta will be happy she mentioned when speaking to her: "I hope I have made Pope John Paul II proud for playing so well in this tournament. I play in a black ribbon for rememborance of John Paul and I always respected him greatly. He was a great Person." On the subject of her match tomorrow against Flavia: "I am so tired and hope to be able to find the same extra thing I found today and will be able to fight through".

·
Registered
34,574 Posts
P. Suarez
def. E. Dementieva
7-5 6-4​

I was impressed by both these players yesterday and they both certainly did not disapoint in this adrenaline raising exciting two-setter. Suarez looked disinterested at first and let her opponent have a 5-2 lead on the first set but Paola won the next 5 games fighting for them hard and well to take the first set. On set 2, Paola dominated and broke her opponent at an early stage to take the match. With Paola serving well tomorrow, Williams vs Suarez could be a good match tomorrow.

:banana: :aparty: :bounce: :D :D Wow Great job Paola!!! :D :D :bounce: :aparty: :banana:

Good luck tomorrow against Serena! :hatoff:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Darn, i missed the first tourney. Oh wellz.

Is it too late for Ana to join in on the doubles???

If not, then im sure there is someone who will play with Ana :angel: :angel:

·
Registered
32,073 Posts
Odd said:
Darn, i missed the first tourney. Oh wellz.

Is it too late for Ana to join in on the doubles???

If not, then im sure there is someone who will play with Ana :angel: :angel:
Benesova wants... :)

41 - 60 of 76 Posts