Tennis Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clijsters vs. Sprem

First of all Sprem looked fantastic on court, a nice tan...anyway, I digress. The match started out in very exciting fashion. Sprem came out swinging and had 2 break points on Kim's first service game. Kim fought them off and that seemed toi deflate Sprem a little bit. However, for the first five games of the match they were hitting with each other and Sprem was hitting deep and powerful shots. She looked like the Sprem of old. But then, Sprem had another break point at 2-2 and lost it and everything fell apart. She then went on to get broken and lose all confidence. She started rushing and spraying shots and going for too much. All Kim had to do was get the ball in the court, which she did very well. She sensed weakness and put the pressure on Sprem, who folded like a cheap cardtable. It wasn't as dominant as the score seems to indicate though. Most games went to 30-30, and then Sprem would hit some errors/double faults, but she had some nice winners also. Sprem had a magnificent service game in the second, but it came at 0-5 and she quickly caved in to Clijsters. Of all the 7 and a half people there, I believe I was the only one rooting for Sprem. Everytime I would cheer for Sprem there would be a barage of "C'mon Kim"'s from the Belgian section.

Kuznetsova vs. Daniilidou

From the very first point I could tell Daniilidou was playing better tennis than I had ever seen her play before. Her shots were strong and more consistent than usual, and her first serve was very nice. But most of all, she came out with a great attitude, which got the crowd behind her from the start. She was smiling and laughing a lot, especially towards her coach, who I was sitting next to and she is HILARIOUS! She got all the people around us onto Daniilidou's side. Sveta was exactly the opposite. She looked sour and grumpy from the first point and the crowd was clearly behind Eleni, and when it got close they were even cheering Sveta's errors. The score in the first makes it seem closer than it was. Eleni never really seemed in danger until suddenly she was in trouble serving up 5-4. She got 2 TERRIBLE calls on her service, which got the crowd even more behind her, and then she was able to pull it out. Then in the second set, Eleni came out really flat and Sveta won the first two games, but then Sveta started making errors and hitting some creampuff shots and Eleni got back into it. Then Sveta broke again for 4-2. But again, Eleni never really looked out of it and never got down on herself. She quickly broke back easily. Then she took an injury timeout to get her foot wrapped, and came out looking awful on serve and went down 00-40, but then won 5 consecutive poitns on a combination of winners and ugly Sveta errors. After winning that game for 4-4 she cruised, and then the crowd gave her a standing ovation. Eleni won a lot of fans tonight with her game and attitude.

·
Banned
385 Posts
Have you got any pictures of the Clijsters Vs Sprem match?

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
WOW, great report thanks!

This is the second time today that i have read that Eleni was serving well (particularly in the first set) which is just fantastic to hear. Eleni has always come out smiling in whatever circumstances she faces in the match and I am pleased to hear that the LA crowd supported her. She could do with a few more people on the band wagon to get some loud supporting at these events for Eleni :D

In Eleni's first two matches in the USA after Wimbledon, Eleni would get into a set winning position or ahead in a final set and wouldn't beable to close it out. But judging by your report, she was in trouble a couple of times in the second set but stayed calm and pulled through it!

for about the 626th time today: WELL DONE ELENI! :woohoo:

I think today will be a good day :D

-Rache

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
forever_rafter said:
I'll personnaly make sure she'll have enough support at the US Open. I even plan to buy a Greek flag ;)
:eek: you're going to the USOpen!? wow, lucky you....USO is my favourite slam so I hape to go one day!

Well, make sure you cheer load for Eleni.....hopefully she'll get to the second week because I booked the second week off so I can watch the end of the Open in full!

have a great time and I hope you meet her! :D

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
sounds great!!and congrats to both of you too!!the forum needs such admirable fans like you!! :) i just hope,there would be more of these fans in here,who are here to share their passion with others,and discuss competently.but sadly,i feel like some of the threads are becoming more and more abusive and aggressive...

but hey,we have a great girl to cheer for,and that makes me proud!!
good luck,lenii-baby!! :kiss: :hearts:

·
Registered
12,581 Posts
thanks so much :wavey:

it's great to see the american crowd cheering for eleni, she's so sweet :)
and she's always smiling and having fun on court

her coach is hilarious indeed :lol:

lena could leave LA with lots of points, she is way better than her ranking suggests

·
Banned
25,017 Posts
Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts