Tennis Forum banner

41 - 60 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
http://tennisondvd.bravehost.com/index.html

A heap of us have bought from Drew now, she is really nice and VERY honest about the quality of matches (something i finad a lot of sellers are a little shaky with! LOL!), and she is SOOOOOOO cheap!
I've looked at Drew's site and and have 2 things to say:

- poor choice: she has only "basic" matches (SF, F, sometimes QF...)

- not SOOOO cheap:
Matches on 1 DVD cost $6.95 US
Matches on 2 DVDs cost $7.95 US

SHIPPING AND HANDLING ARE AS FOLLOWS........
USA & CANADA - $4- FOR THE FIRST DISC, THEN $0.75 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL DISC.
REST OF THE WORLD - $4.50- FOR THE FIRST DISC, THEN $0.75 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL DISC.

If you are looking for very cheap dvds, ask me :lol: : it's 5.50 euros each match (even if it's on 2 dvds) and SHIPPING IS INCLUEDED !!! But I only have Justine's matches (nearly 170 I think)...

·
Registered
527 Posts
John is really nice but WAAAAAY too expensive, You should totally check out
Are you talking about John Polley? http://www.tennis-videos.co.uk/prices.htm
I've ordered him some matches because he has such a great choice !!!
I used to buy 4 hours vhs in which I put 3 (or 2) matches, so it's expensive but not SOOOO expensive (it's better than Tennis International.... who has the biggest choice but is the most expensive :rolleyes: )
But now John sells his matches on dvd too and I agree with you, his dvds are too expensive!!! :tape: So if I were you I'ld order him vhs and then convert them on dvd by myself :lol:

·
Registered
527 Posts
If you are looking for matches on dvd ( other players than Justine), I advice you Peppe:
http://www12.asphost4free.com/peppeonthenet/
A friend of mine has bought him many matches and he told me Peppe is really nice. He works quickly. For the price, I think it's 10 euros for 1 dvd and he uses Paypal.

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
I know that one is $10 for a match + $4 shipping. Do you know if thereis a discount for ordering mutliple matches at a time?
Yes you get a disscount, each match end up costing 7$.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Hi, I buy my DVDs from tennisdvds.net. It is owned by a guy named Adrian and he's very prompt. Nice quality, commercial-free, and good prices too ($5 for 1 DVD matches, and $7 for the longer matches that take up two DVDs). The only thing is he primarily has ATP matches, although he does have the important women's ones (from the Slams and a few tier 1s) and a few that were requested. I would definately recommend him though.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I wouldn't say you were much cheaper than her when EU 5.50 is about US $7.50. You say yourself you only have Justine matches so her selection is WAAAAAY better than yours anyway! Stop slagging off someone else to get people to buy your stuff. She is a lovely person, has a better variety of matches than you and does not slag you off!

I would buy from her over you ANY day! You are not a nice person!
Why do you say I'm not a nice person? :sad:

If you read all my posts in this thread you'll see that I advice OTHER collectors like Peppe or John (vhs only because dvd or too expensive)... They have a great choice of matches ( and Tennis Videos International too) compare to your Drew, that's all. I've NEVER said I have a large choice ( I only have Justine's matches ).
About Drew's prices, the problem isn't price of dvds but shipping of course.

So peace :kiss: I don't criticize Drew at all, I just compare differents collectors. If you say Drew is nice, honnest... I TRUST IN YOU, no problem. I can say better: if you are looking for matches Drew has, ask her. But if she has not the matches you want, contact Peppe or John ;)

Sorry for the misunderstanding... I'm not a :devil:

·
Sabatini lover Forever
15,213 Posts
:eek:

Whoah and they have a lot of Dokic macthes :bounce:
THe quality of the video is also great, both sites i mentioned very recomended!

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
thanks for the website

·
Registered
13,954 Posts
I recommend this guy. :bowdown: He's fantastic! I've just got some matches from him, and without asking he also sent me a Seles interview on David Letterman when she was coming back from the stabbing & Seles-Maleeva from San Antonio in 1990! The DVDs are also very good quality, and he's very friendly.

·
Love the Legends of Tennis
4,464 Posts
Yeah, but considering I know how I am regarding the value of customers, it pissed me off to read my email 15 minutes ago with a response that it would take three freakin weeks. For that price it should be 2nd day air for crying out loud.
Hi Jeff

To be fair to Karen at Tennis Videos International, the reason that there is a 3 week turnaround is that they do not make their own DVD Masters. They get them from a few different sources overseas. So they have to wait until they receive the Master DVDs from new tournaments before they can make DVDs for their customers.

Also, Karen has advised me that they have just reduced all their prices so you can email her for the new details.

Cheers.

·
Registered
7,414 Posts
I recommend this guy. :bowdown: He's fantastic! I've just got some matches from him, and without asking he also sent me a Seles interview on David Letterman when she was coming back from the stabbing & Seles-Maleeva from San Antonio in 1990! The DVDs are also very good quality, and he's very friendly.

What's the price per match?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I can add another three to this list. All of these people come highly recommended. Here is how to contact them

David is in the USA and can contacted via email at the following address: [email protected]

Drew is in Canada and the website address is

http://tennisondvd.bravehost.com/index.html

Albert is in Indonesia his website address is

http://www.albert-dvd191.com/

Hope this is of some help to you

41 - 60 of 156 Posts