Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Senior Member,
2,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to BBC weather, we can expect rain and thunderstorms on monday and tuesday. This follows wet and cool weather over the weekend. :rolleyes:

Do I sense it will be a typical Edgbaston event?

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
only applies if you don't see tennis or its less than 1 hour i think (not got full details)

I knew it was gonna rain pffffffff

according to BBC site, Monday looks ok
Tuesday is showers now
this is a 5 day forecast, it WILL change, don't take this for GRANTED.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/5day.shtml

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Well they forcast thunder storms for today and their current observation is cloudy.

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
It can't be thunderstorms all the time or else Birmingham would be under-water ;)

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Lol!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
It can't be thunderstorms all the time or else Birmingham would be under-water ;)
Interesting fact: Birmingham has more miles of canal than Venice!
OK, not that interesting.....

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Actually Birmingham is known for having lots of rainfall.It was a fact i found out when i went to vivst the uni!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
no way.. during my exam period in Bham Uni.. it was so hot.. heat wave!

but british weather is really un predicatble

·
Registered
10,775 Posts
its emant to rain throughout tonite, which could mean that the start of play is delayed, as they dont seem to have heard of court covers.

Not that delaying start of play an hour would bother me, as it would hopefully mean i won't miss the whole 1st set of matches and a set and half of the second!!

·
Registered
5,523 Posts
Ive just watched the weather forecast on BBC Midlands Today and Shefali says that it will benice tomorrow morning, turning cloudier in the afternoon, with the odd shower moving in towards the end of the day! Showers will start the day on Sunday bt will clear by late morning/early afternoon and it should be cloudy with sunny ntervals on Monday. And thats your weather forecast from Shefali :)

·
Registered
24,901 Posts
Thats good to hear.Hopefully it will be dry and sunny on Tuesday!

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
Hope it will be ok on tuesday, I'm planning on driving down (on the off chance I can pay at the gate). The worst is my sister is coming with me for the day out and plans to sun bathe! :eek: I hope it's sunny because I don't like to drive there on my own :sad:

-Rachel :wavey:

·
Registered
81 Posts
reply to Raybob

You should be able to pay on the gate on Tues - no probs

Ther are normally pleny of spare seats - most people pay on the gate particularly 1st few days

The only difference this year is Anna K - I can't predict what impact she will have on attendances

enjoy your day - we occasionally get some sun

·
Banned
3,072 Posts
bluepastures said:
Sunbathe in Birmingham? I admire Rachel's sister's optimism! :worship: :worship:
Yes, she is alway's optimistic where sun is concerned LOL

Moz said:
You should be able to pay on the gate on Tues - no probs

Ther are normally pleny of spare seats - most people pay on the gate particularly 1st few days

The only difference this year is Anna K - I can't predict what impact she will have on attendances

enjoy your day - we occasionally get some sun
Thanks for that info Moz, I have been for the last three or four years either on the Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday and all but one day was continually hot. That one day had showers but with sunny spells. So I have been fortunate where play is concerned.

I usually get tickets but this year I didn't buy any for two reasons; first, I'll be going to Wimbledon for the first year ever, and second it was during my final ever assesment week at Uni so I didn't know which day my actual assesment would have been on.

I really want to go, and the only reason I was worried about getting tickets for play this year was because of Anna's attendance (and also the now Navaratilova's appearence)! Although, I think the year before last, Anna was on the comitments list but pulled out last minute - but the stands were still pretty much empty......apart from one or two OAPs who were sitting behind me who insisted on comentating through all the matches! :eek: One of their continual moans was the "grunting" - she kept harping on about how she found it disgusting and that their was no need for it :fiery: . If I felt rude enough that day I would have turned round and said, "If you don't like it - don't watch it!" :rolleyes:

But I'm not quite that fiesty :p

-Rachel :wavey:

·
Premium Member
181,834 Posts
Now Monday and Wednesday look good
and Tuesday looks a write off :mad:

hopefully Tuesday is fine too, can't expect miracles (hoping for a big blob of High Pressure for Wimbledon, and hope it gets stuck over Scandinavia, which means Southerly winds for us and no rain for 3 weeks or so ;), that rain will head for Spain :p )

1 - 20 of 32 Posts