Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
maybe you've heard of the three boys that got drunk/high, broke into a NJ zoo and killed exotic birds. if not, heres some links...

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/05/23/national/main555244.shtml
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/05/21/1053196636716.html
http://www.news12.com/NewCDA/articles/article_detail/0,5942,&region=NJ&rid=12&tab=13&id=55767,00.html

the zoo is a sanctuary for injured/abused/sick animals and lives off donations and its $5 entrance fee. theres a petition going around to demand that the boys get the toughest sentence possible. this is not their only crime.. they have vandalized churches with swastikas and paintball places with the word ****** and some stupid satan worship crap. set a few places on a fire... im sure beating birds wont be their last crime. so please, take 3 minutes of your time and sign this petition. drop a post that you signed and ill give you rep points. thank you! :)

petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/1e4d0r3j/

Reactions: GBFH and Sam L

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*ahem*

BUMP!

·
Registered
17,358 Posts
Thanks for the thread Holly! Tragic animal abuse cases like this need to be publicised and penalized. And I'm not talking about a slap on the wrist. I'm talking about criminal charges.

And although it hurt to read the story, I enjoyed signing the petition and writing my comments in detail.

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mrs_Guga said:
Um, what's "the toughest sentence possible?!"
imprisonment up to 18 months. which is really nothing but im sure some jail time will teach the lil brats a lesson. the sad thing is their motheres are playing the part of "oh its like hes not my son, i dont even know him" i wonder why :rolleyes:

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
decemberlove said:
imprisonment up to 18 months. which is really nothing but im sure some jail time will teach the lil brats a lesson. the sad thing is their motheres are playing the part of "oh its like hes not my son, i dont even know him" i wonder why :rolleyes:
I think that children should have criminal records that go all the way through their life. I don't know about there but here in Australia once children turn 18, they start all over again in criminal records. This is why children run around and break all laws before the age of 18.

sartrista, if these kids go with light punishments like they're now, when they're grown up they will face the death penalty anyway. It's just that innocent human lives will be lost along the way. Just imagine, in 10 years time one of the boys' girlfriends cheats on him, what will he do? Sit down and negotiate the situation?

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sam L said:
I think that children should have criminal records that go all the way through their life. I don't know about there but here in Australia once children turn 18, they start all over again in criminal records. This is why children run around and break all laws before the age of 18.
thats how it is here too.

these kids have some serious issues that their parents have been turning a cheek to for years. now that they're 18, i hope they are given the maximum penalty and some therapy in jail. theres still some hope for them... they are young and impressionable. but giving their parents a fine isnt going to do much to punish them.

·
Chionophile
40,073 Posts
decemberlove said:
thats how it is here too.

these kids have some serious issues that their parents have been turning a cheek to for years. now that they're 18, i hope they are given the maximum penalty and some therapy in jail. theres still some hope for them... they are young and impressionable. but giving their parents a fine isnt going to do much to punish them.
I actually think parents get way too much blame, anywhere. I'm not a parent myself but I can understand their situation. I think most parents in western countries like ours have very little say or influence on their kids' behaviours these days for them to be blamed.

I am sorry to hear that the law is the same there. Oh how I wish that law was changed. I mean when did we all start to know right from wrong? like 3?

·
Registered
10,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sam L said:
I actually think parents get way too much blame, anywhere. I'm not a parent myself but I can understand their situation. I think most parents in western countries like ours have very little say or influence on their kids' behaviours these days for them to be blamed.
i think parents tend to not discipline their children in fear of future consequences, and tend to take their childs side no matter right or wrong.

I am sorry to hear that the law is the same there. Oh how I wish that law was changed. I mean when did we all start to know right from wrong? like 3?
yeah, pretty much. i can see tiny things like drinking dropped, but arson, vandalism?? come on.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts