Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

· Registered
4,847 Posts
Yes please everyone!!!!!!!!

The 3rd round of the Sanex Hero award has started!!!!!!
PLEASE VOTE FOR MONICA - She deserves this award again this year!!!
What a dismal year it has been for Monica - the least we could do is give her this
award again as a Thank You for gracing us with her presence on the tour and for being a.....

player whose self belief and determination are an inspiration to others and a credit to the sport.

VOTE VOTE VOTE for Monica Seles!!!!!!!!

you can vote for Monica on our home page or at the home page for the wta tour.

http://www.monicaselessite.com
http://www.wtatour.com

· Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Possibly, but this will be more difficult than last year. Because of her FO win and her rise in the rankings, Justine is going to have a lot more fans right now than she did 12 months ago, and her present happiness and success compared to her sad family history will attract the same kind of respect and sympathy as Monica. Justine may well win this.

· Registered
4,847 Posts
faboozadoo15 said:
is this the final round? what is the point of all the other rounds?
is it who wins the most rounds???
No, this isnt the final round. This is the 3rd round. It is an elimination type of game. We have to keep Monica at the top (or atleast close to the top) to keep her in the running for the award. If Monica slips too far down - she wont make it to the next round.

So vote if you haven't!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

· Registered
857 Posts
Hi Seles fans :D

I just want to ask a question.....do you think it's fair to the other players to vote for Monica since she nearly did not play this year :rolleyes: . This year others players deserves the prize more than Monica, no ?
I'm not bashing her :angel: but with all the admiration i have for her and her game, i have to admit than i won't vote for her this year:tape:
I wanted to say this because it was a bit upsetting me.

GET WELL SOON MONICA :hearts:

:wavey:

· Registered
2,991 Posts
Vote For Monica!!

· Registered
4,847 Posts
Here is the break down on the procedures - from the WTA Tour.

The Sanex Hero of the Year will be elected during four rounds. You are invited to recast your votes after each round. After each round all votes will restart from zero.

In the first round, the 100 best ranked players out of the Top 200 players of the WTA Tour Rankings will proceed to the second round. After the second round, the 50 best ranked players will proceed to the next round. At the end of the third round, the 25 best ranked players will be eligible for the final round.

In the final round, the Sanex Hero of the Year will be elected from the 25 best remaining players.
-----------------------------

· Registered
4,847 Posts
Marika said:
Hi Seles fans :D

I just want to ask a question.....do you think it's fair to the other players to vote for Monica since she nearly did not play this year :rolleyes: . This year others players deserves the prize more than Monica, no ?
I'm not bashing her :angel: but with all the admiration i have for her and her game, i have to admit than i won't vote for her this year:tape:
I wanted to say this because it was a bit upsetting me.

GET WELL SOON MONICA :hearts:

:wavey:
For Marika and all members that are not aware of why they give the Sanex Hero award - It has nothing to do with how well that player did this year. The award for Sanex Hero is for..........

The Sanex Heroes Award will honour the player whose self belief and determination are an inspiration to others and a credit to the sport.

that is from the WTA Tour - that is what this award is for.
-----------------------------
And Monica is definately an inspiration to others - to US her fans - and EVEN TO ALOT OF TOP PLAYERS WHO PLAY ON THE TOUR THESE DAYS - or have played in the past!!!!

Serena Williams - Venus Williams - Anna Kournikova - Martina Hingis - Justine Henin-Hardenne - Marion Bartoli - Maria Antonia Sanchez-Lorenzo.....shall I go on?

All of these players have said that they looked up to Monica when they were younger and Monica inspired them. I think Monica should win this award every year that she is on the tour for sure!
I know with out Monica - I wouldnt have found tennis - and that is something I love to do - I have been moved in a more positive direction in life because of Monica getting me interested in to tennis. And I personally think that she deserves this award.

· Registered
24,742 Posts
now go on and vote, lol!
besides, why vote for justine? many think what she did in the french semi was "playing dirty," so she is deserving more then monica? PFFFFFF
(btw, i dont think she played dirty, it was just a bad situation and she didnt do the "right thing")

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.