Tennis Forum banner

221 - 240 of 362 Posts

·
Admin
65,993 Posts
Some users were confused about the new edit rule in general, so I asked Steve about it again also and "users have 10 edit tokens, once you spend it on a post, you can edit that post an unlimited number of times.", that´s the official statement to the rule but it obviously does not seem to work like that yet.
Admins can´t do anything about it unfortunately but I hope that @steve can fix that soon or can give an explanation at least.
Beside that, we (the admin team) are still trying to get the unlimited editing feature back for everyone here, in the meantime, just send me or any other admin (or forum moderator) a message if you want to edit something which you can´t edit yourself!!

·
Registered
29,935 Posts
Would it be possible just to edit the thread titles in the ITF15 section for those tournaments which are finished. I think the thread gets quite messy otherwise. Thx
I think unlimited editing of thread titles is possible. You should be able to edit thread titles by clicking on the three dots next to [1], [2], [3] ... [NEXT] and there it says: "Edit thread"

·
Registered
84,991 Posts
I think unlimited editing of thread titles is possible. You should be able to edit thread titles by clicking on the three dots next to [1], [2], [3] ... [NEXT] and there it says: "Edit thread"
I try this for 8 days now and always impossible...

·
Registered
76,567 Posts
Would it be possible just to edit the thread titles in the ITF15 section for those tournaments which are finished. I think the thread gets quite messy otherwise. Thx
Yeah you should be able to edit the thread titles based on Poldo's advice above. I can edit it for the threads in the ITF World Tennis Tour section and I've just tried it on an old ITF 15s thread I created and was able to edit the title too.

·
Registered
76,567 Posts
So it seems theres a little trick we can do with the editing posts. If you know you will need to edit the post for the near future, you should make 1 edit of the post within 24 hours. Then you will have unlimited edits for that post.

E.g. for the W25 Kazan page, I'm still able to edit the top post (after 24 hrs) because I had to fix a mistake I made right after I posted it.

·
Administrator
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
@steve
i have a problem with editing posts
in the last 8+ days i edited only 2 different posts but cannot edit other posts
please, can i be allowed to edit posts in Serbian Sensations?
When will the editing problem be fixed?
I didn't edit a post for over 7 days but I'm still unable to edit posts which are older than 24 hours.
I try this for 8 days now and always impossible...
We are aware and working on this. Its not happening to everyone so its been more complicated to narrow down. The dev team is looking into it. I am hoping to see a fix soon.
-Philip

·
Premium Member
104,688 Posts
I know the old forum used to show Japanese character but now it can't and I cannot find the page to edit the link. Can the mods help? thanksss

·
Admin
65,993 Posts
I know the old forum used to show Japanese character but now it can't and I cannot find the page to edit the link. Can the mods help? thanksss
You mean your user title which appears as "夏の匂い。キ&#" now?
I can delete or edit that for you, just tell me what you want as new title (if you want one)

·
Premium Member
104,688 Posts
^yes. We used to be able to make our own user title. Is this function disabled?

OK I will drop you a PM. THANKS

·
Admin
65,993 Posts
^yes. We used to be able to make our own user title. Is this function disabled?

OK I will drop you a PM. THANKS
Yes, it's only possible for the admins/mods to change/delete the user titles
Sure, I deleted the old one now and you can tell me/contact me, if you want a new one, I can do it then.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Is there any possibility of getting alerts in a dropdown menu like many other XenForo forums have? Much more convenient than how it is currently.

Honestly the forum setup here and at MTF feels so crippled compared to other XenForo forums I've used. Most of the complaints you've had since the change about missing or crippled features simply wouldn't exist on these other XenForo forums.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
So it seems theres a little trick we can do with the editing posts. If you know you will need to edit the post for the near future, you should make 1 edit of the post within 24 hours. Then you will have unlimited edits for that post.

E.g. for the W25 Kazan page, I'm still able to edit the top post (after 24 hrs) because I had to fix a mistake I made right after I posted it.
It really shouldn't have to be like this...

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
This seems to be a bit more complex, currently on the back end there are no restrictions. However it seems that this is being rubbed into by the recent Editing changes. Our techs are working on this. Thanks for your patience as we work to resolve this.

-Gerrit
Since 20 days I can no more edit a post. I can't do nothing, I can't work on my threads on "Blast from the Past" section.
Please go back to the old forum!! Or allow unlimited editing at least, without the absurd restriction of 10 posts within 7 days (a rule that doesn't run but that is absurd!)
If you wanted destroy this forum you are managing it!!

·
Registered
84,991 Posts
Still not able to edit older posts....

·
Administrator
2,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #236
Is there any possibility of getting alerts in a dropdown menu like many other XenForo forums have? Much more convenient than how it is currently.

View attachment 173534

Honestly the forum setup here and at MTF feels so crippled compared to other XenForo forums I've used. Most of the complaints you've had since the change about missing or crippled features simply wouldn't exist on these other XenForo forums.
Hey there,

As I am sure you may know, we don't run the out of the box versions you may be used to, and we're developing several features that may improve or alter the expectations you may have. Our recent update with Push notifications was one such attempts to provide these alerts in a new fashion:

This was a toaster notification to alert me about activity on one of our sites without needing to have me even be on the site. If these push notices aren't your preference, we're also working on other updates which may better suit your preferences.

Since 20 days I can no more edit a post. I can't do nothing, I can't work on my threads on "Blast from the Past" section.
Please go back to the old forum!! Or allow unlimited editing at least, without the absurd restriction of 10 posts within 7 days (a rule that doesn't run but that is absurd!)
If you wanted destroy this forum you are managing it!!
Hey there, I know this likely is affecting a lot of the functions you're used to, but I am working on getting the techs to resolve this matter.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
30,383 Posts
I don't want to see any more "Push Notifications" messages? How do I permanently opt out of this? I've received 3 or more in the past week or so.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
As I am sure you may know, we don't run the out of the box versions you may be used to, and we're developing several features that may improve or alter the expectations you may have. Our recent update with Push notifications was one such attempts to provide these alerts in a new fashion:

This was a toaster notification to alert me about activity on one of our sites without needing to have me even be on the site. If these push notices aren't your preference, we're also working on other updates which may better suit your preferences.
I don't use TF or MTF on a phone at all and I know a lot of other people on these forums use desktop as well. Is there any plan to make alerts more convenient on desktop?

·
Registered
31,446 Posts
We sacrificed everything for speed, it seems, and now we don't even have that, it's slower than a drugged ox ATM. Also, is the 24-hour editing window gone for good?

·
Premium Member
38,745 Posts
Edit options have been progressively given back, we're all using them at full regime until we can't anymore (there's still a limit) and the forum became more slow. That said, it's always more slow the day of a slam final (it would even cause a general bug on the previous format). More people on board I guess.

Sacrifices? Nobody was ready to sacrifice anything, everybody just complained out of his narrow routine without thinking of the whole thing. And in the name of the community, to boot. ?

221 - 240 of 362 Posts