Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Maybe it is because I am a huge Sister's fan but tennis seems quiet, very quiet. Having just survived hurricane Isabel I can relate what it is like to just sit in the eye. Tennis now is in the "eye" of hurricane Williams, with the backside of the storm approaching. A healed and motivated Venus will take the tour by "storm" soon, which will certainly spawn a tornado named Serena. To the WTA, take cover because devastation is soon approaching. Already from these boards the storm is evidently about here, telling by the raining of all these threads. ;)

·
Veelieve!!!
32,879 Posts
:haha: As someone who has lived in the Caribbean, and a Florida resident I can't tell you how I detest storms/hurricanes, but I am so looking forward to hurricane /storm Williams :wavey: :dance: :bounce:

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
I feel the same too, in the sense that since Wimby, they have been lying pretty low and have probably been aware of Justine and Kim taking huge steps forward, as well as Jen raising her game at the USO, Elena D winning titles, etc.

I think that when they come back, they will want to restore order as they see it (reclaiming the Top Two spots in the world) and we'll see some great tennis.

What makes it more exciting is that if they do come back and play the WTA Champs and all Top 8 players are healthy and ready, we could see some cracking tennis. With the Williams out, other players have taken advantage and decided to shine. I think they will be a tougher proposition for the Williams' to handle.

Imagine the Champs with Kim, Justine, Serena, Jen, Venus, Amelie, Elena D and Chanda (?) all playing really well. It'd be excellent tennis to watch and would give us an insight into whether Williams domination is over i.e. is everyone truly in the mix??

·
Banned
1,632 Posts
TSequoia01 said:
Maybe it is because I am a huge Sister's fan but tennis seems quiet, very quiet. Having just survived hurricane Isabel I can relate what it is like to just sit in the eye. Tennis now is in the "eye" of hurricane Williams, with the backside of the storm approaching. A healed and motivated Venus will take the tour by "storm" soon, which will certainly spawn a tornado named Serena. To the WTA, take cover because devastation is soon approaching. Already from these boards the storm is evidently about here, telling by the raining of all these threads. ;)
I hope so boo. I aint really been carin too much bout tennis since Miss Yetunde was killed. :sad: I shoudla been cheering on my other girls specially Miss Nadia but I didnt even wanna think bout tennis. :eek:

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
King Lindsay said:
Hurricane Williams Squared was just downgraded to a tropical storm. Sorry.
There was never even talk about hurricane Lindsay...

Reactions: vettipooh

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
King Lindsay said:
Hurricane Williams Squared was just downgraded to a tropical storm. Sorry.

Touche! :lol:

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
King Lindsay said:
of course not! she was a cyclone.
Too bad that when she wants to return to activity hurricane season will already be over.

·
Banned
1,830 Posts
:yawn:

·
Registered
47,533 Posts
treufreund said:
Lindsay is not a cyclone. she is a TSUNAMI!!!!!! She will wipe away the Williams!!!! muahahahaha!
Not even in her heydays! See this h2h: 9-2 with a bunch of 6-1 masacres against Serena.

Hasn´t beaten either sister in TWO years!

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
bandabou said:
Not even in her heydays! See this h2h: 9-2 with a bunch of 6-1 masacres against Serena.

Lindsay knows she is no match for the sisters anymore. Too bad her "King" is in denial.

·
Banned
4,078 Posts
Knizzle said:
Lindsay knows she is no match for the sisters anymore. Too bad her "King" is in denial.
ahem. lol. show me the post where i said otherwise, idiot.

although saying lindsay can beat the williamses is no more ridiculous than saying venus can beat serena.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bandabou said:

You are so right Bandabou with regards to Lindsay. Who by the way is a pure power player. Players with power and movement will now give Davenport all she wants. She also lacks stamina in my opinion. Deep into every second set, watch your tapes and count how many times she laces her shoes. :lol:

·
Registered
21,741 Posts
King Lindsay said:
ahem. lol. show me the post where i said otherwise, idiot.

although saying lindsay can beat the williamses is no more ridiculous than saying venus can beat serena.
Trying the ole "divide and conquer" tactic huh?? Venus is 23 and has plenty of time to beat Serena in coming years, whereas Lindsay is washed up(at least her chance to beat a WS).

1 - 20 of 47 Posts