Tennis Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Open Gaz de France

Welcome to Paris, home to the Open Gaz de France tier II tournament.

In Melbourne, Lindsay Davenport captured her first slam title, not dropping a set en route to the title. We also saw Anastasia Myskina reach her first slam final and solidify her ranking.

The field here is strong, and good matches will be a guarentee. Go for it.

Singles Draw

http://www.tournawiz.com/16draw.php?id=18&uid=watt

Ranking Points

Winner - 195
Finalist - 137
Semifinalist - 88
Quarterfinalist - 49
1r Loss - 1

Bonus Points - As applicable.

Schedule of Play

Tuesday, February 7, 2005: Matches Commence
Thursday, February 9, 2005: Quarterfinals Commence
Saturday, February 11, 2005: Semifinals Commence
Sunday, February 12, 2005: Final

Please try and play matches as soon as possible though. Thanks.​

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Reserved.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believed she blocked me. So she no longer plays.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bump. Please start playing.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Myskina def. Schnyder 6-0 6-1.

Nice match.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'll issue walkovers tonight if matches don't complete.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave. :D Welcome back to earth. :tape: ;)

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Serena def. Smashnova - Walkover

Sorry Jordan, I know you're bust with Memphis but the tournament has to continue. But, if you can get on and play your match before Ber plays his SF, that would be fine. :)

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
RETURN TO THE TOP.

KOURNIKOVA RETURNS TO FIGHTING FORM, HIGHLIGHTING QUARTERFINAL ACTION IN PARIS.

PARIS --- Number three seed Anna Kournikova finally broke out of her slump today in Paris, defeating rising star Jelena Dokic 6-2 7-5 in the quarterfinals of the Open Gaz de France.

After a strong start for the "Russian", Kournikova was tested by the young Argentine, who broke Kournikova's serve off of four consecutive double faults early in the second set. But Kournikova was able to keep her cool and defeat her opponent in straight sets, while at the same time sending a message to the rest of the tour: Anna is finally back.

Kournikova will next play world number one Lindsay Davenport in the semifinal, a 6-2 6-4 winner over number seven seed Aranxta Sanchez-Vicario of Spain. The two players have an interesting history on tour. Though Kournikova has never defeated Davenport on the WATT, she held two match points against Davenport in their first meeting before losing 7-5 in the third set, and also took the first set from Davenport in the final of the La Isla Bonita Cup, before losing in three sets. Davenport also defeated Kournikova 6-2 6-0 in Boston last year.

In the bottom half of the draw, Anastasia Myskina is beginning to solidify herself as a dominant player, whore-slapping number eight seed Patty Schnyder 6-0 6-1 in the quarterfinals. She will face number four seed Serena Williams, who advanced to the semis without striking a ball after Anna Smashnova was forced to pull out with a stomach virus.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Myskina def. Williams 6-3 7-5. Good match.

Rosh is too scared to play me.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Davenport def. Kournikova 6-4 6-2. Good match. :)

I hope Rosh still isn't too scared.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
This was not a problem that Rosh and I had. We both agreed on the outcome of a question. I was just told to go fuck myself.

I've learned not to try and be nice to people.

·
Registered
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Unfortunately with the variety timezones, it makes it very difficult for some people to play matches. I can only go by what I see, and I saw very little of you when I was on. I am on every day from about four until nine EST, and I didn't see you on then.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.